of the error message userdata.dll : This application could not be started because userdata.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may solve this problem.
You may get another related error message : The program cannot be started because the file userdata.dll is missing on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to resolve this issue.
This error message usually appears when userdata.dll is missing or corrupted in some way. Therefore, software that needs the user’s data file cannot access it.
The same error message can occur with other DLL files, and the workarounds for these files are almost identical. Read the following to learn how to fix the error message missing userdata.dll in Windows 10.
How to troubleshoot userdata.dll on Windows 10?
1. with Restoro
There are many third-party programs that promise to fix or replace missing or broken DLLs, and most keep their promise.
But if you choose just one, you can’t go wrong with Restoro.
DLLs and Registries are valuable data libraries that Windows uses to function properly.
As a result, damaged or missing DLLs or registry keys can be a major cause of crashes, lockups and error messages, and even prevent you from running Windows software and functionality in general.
Unfortunately, registries and DLLs are piles of data that are difficult for even advanced users to configure properly without advice or even help from Microsoft.
Moreover, restarting the Windows operating system is one of the few really effective solutions to correct these errors, but this solution has too many drawbacks.
To avoid all this, you can always turn to third-party automated solutions, and few are as good as Restoro. It automates almost every aspect of the PC repair process, from scanning to the actual repair.
Follow this short guide to find out how to restore your PC’s optimal performance with Restoro :
- Download and install Restoro
- Start Restoro
- Restoro is now collecting data about your PC.
- Wait until it finds issues with system stability and possible malware infections.
- Once the scan is complete, Restoro will show you an overview of the current status of your PC.
- Click on Start recovery.
- Restoro will now start downloading and replacing the damaged registries, DLLs and other corrupted files found during the scan.
- This is made possible by online libraries that are used for comparison and replace damaged data with their functional equivalent.
- Restart your PC for all changes to take effect.
Now your computer should be working fine and you won’t have to worry about slow response times, BSoD errors or anything like that.
Disclaimer : Some specific actions require this program to be updated from the free version
- Type the command line in the search field on the home screen.
- Right-click on the command line and select Run as administrator to open the window.
- Then type the following command and press the Enter key : DISM.exe /Online /Image cleanup /Restore health state
- Then type sfc /scannow at the command prompt and press Enter.
- Restart Windows if Windows Resource Protection recovers damaged files.
Message: If a virus or malware has damaged the user interface DLL, System File Checker can also repair it. This integrated solution scans system files and replaces damaged files with a cached copy.
Some users claim that a hardware driver update Fixed a bug in userdata.dll. Therefore, updating outdated or corrupt drivers is a possible solution to the userdata.dll error.
However, it is difficult to say which drivers need to be updated. The best thing to do is to add software to Windows 10 that checks your drivers.
frequently asked questions
How can I fix a missing DLL in Windows 10?
How do I fix a missing DLL?
All is not lost: How to fix the dreaded missing .dll file error?
How to fix the missing MSVCP140 DLL in Windows 10?
MSVCP140.dll is missing from my Win 10 – Microsoft Community.