The JEST (Java SE Technology) exam is a test to assess software development skills in the Java language. This is a test that was introduced to the Indian IT community about a year ago, in September 2015, to help meet the need for a higher level of skill in the Java language. Last year, there were around 20,000 candidates who took the exam.
The JEST, which stands for Joint Entrance Test is a national level entrance examination to enter the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) across the country. This examination is conducted by the UGC. It is a standardised test that is conducted in all the NITs and IITs, both for admission to the B.Tech programme and for admission to the Integrated M.Tech. courses.
Candidates those are planning to appear for JEST (Joint Entrance Test) 2018 can get the most current updates on the exam. Though the next JEST exam will be conducted in the month of July 2018 but before that candidates can check the eligibility criteria, syllabus, age limit, fees, registration and other details here.
UG and PG programmes, PhD programmes have their own value and benefits. In terms of future growth and opportunities, a PhD is ideal. Several specializations are offered to candidates at the doctoral level. At the doctoral level, students can study any area that matches their qualifications and interests. The best thing about this degree is that it can be offered on full time or part time basis by different institutes/colleges/universities in India. A full-time PhD generally lasts a maximum of 6 years and a minimum of 3 years. In contrast, a distance learning doctoral program can be completed in 4-6 years.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will have a wide range of career options in the private and public sectors. Moreover, preference is given to doctors, especially in reputed organizations/companies. Candidates with a PhD can earn high salaries that exceed their expectations. These candidates can apply for a position as a lecturer or professor in reputed universities or colleges.
A person pursuing a doctoral degree is immersed in the field. Doctoral programs are considered the most demanding of all degrees and courses. This requires a high level of knowledge and a lot of time for research. However, to progress to the doctoral level, candidates must pass national entrance exams. Like other doctoral programs, doctorates in physics/computer science/neuroscience or computational biology are the most in-demand programs and they are always in demand.
Candidates who wish to pursue a PhD/internship program in neuroscience, theoretical computer science or computational biology in a reputed research institute can participate in the JEST entrance exam. In this article, we have provided relevant information about JEST.
What is the JEST exam?
The JEST or Joint Entrance Screening Test is a national level entrance exam conducted by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). With this exam, candidates can gain admission to reputed institutions in the country and pursue PhD / integrated program in science and technology.
In order to participate in the JEST examination, candidates must meet certain eligibility requirements set by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). It was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008. In addition, the JEST examination is administered annually on a rotating basis by the following participating institutions:
- Harish Chandra Research Institutes
- Aryabhatta Observational Science Research Institutes
- Bose Institute
- National Homibhabha Institute
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
- Indira Gandhi Atomic Research Centre
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics
- Indian Institute of Science
- Indian Institute for Education and Scientific Research
- Indian Institute of Education and Scientific Research, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Education and Scientific Research, Thiruvananthapuram
- Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Indian Institute for Scientific Education and Research, Mohali
- National Institute for Education and Scientific Research
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics
- National Brain Research Center
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Study
- Interuniversity Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Institute for Plasma Research
- Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
- Physical research laboratory
- Raja Ramanna Centre of Excellence
- Raman Research Institute
- A.N. Severtsov Institute of Nuclear Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Science
- Tatar Institute of Fundamental Research
- Cyclotron centre with variable energy
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research
Selection criteria for JEST
Before you can take the JEST examination, you must meet the basic requirements. Below you will find the selection criteria for the various PhD programmes:
- For the PhD programme in Physics
The following academic qualifications are required by the various institutes:
- In all participating institutes, a master’s degree in physics
- In Indian Institutes of Astrophysics – Masters in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Applied Physics/Electronics/Instruments/Photonics and Optics.
- At the Interuniversity Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics – Master of Science in Physics / Electronics / Applied Mathematics / Astronomy
- At IISc, IMSc, IUCAA, JNCASR, IISER, TIFR- TCIS, etc. – B.Tech or B.E.
- In SNBS, M.N.S. in applied mathematics, biochemistry, physics, chemistry.
- This institute offers a Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering Physics.
- As part of the RPI Master’s program in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics.
- At NISER – Master of Science/Master of Engineering in Applied Physics
- PhD programme – theoretical neuroscience/computational biology/computer science
- Neuroscience at NBRC – MSc (mathematics/physics), B.E./M.C.A/B.Tech in computer science are eligible.
- Theoretical Computer Science in IMSc – M.Tech / M.Sc. / M.E. in Computer Science are eligible for recruitment.
- Computational Biology in IMSc – MCA / M.E. / M.Sc. / M.Tech in a technical or scientific direction. Mathematical skills and a good knowledge of biological problems are prerequisites for admission to this institute.
- The doctoral programme is an integrated master’s programme. / M.Tech
The following academic qualifications are required of the various participating institutions:
- A Bachelor of Science degree is awarded to MMSC. (Physics)
- At SNBNCBS – B.Sc. ( Maths / Physics )
- At NISER – B.Sc. (Physics) / B.Tech in Applied Physics or B.E.
- At level IIA – Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Science. ( Mathematics / Physics) / B.Tech in Electrical engineering / Engineering Physics / Computer Science and Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering / Electronics and Communication / Optics and Photonics
- In TIFR – TCIS and NCRA -TIFR, ICTS-TIFR – B.Sc (Physics)
- To Institute Bose – B.Sc. (Math / Physics / B.Tech / B.E. are eligible for integrated Ph.
- For IISER-Pune, NCRA-TIFR, ICTS-TIFR and TIFR-TCIS, candidates with Bachelor’s degree (Physics) will be considered.
- Integrated doctorate in philosophy. Theoretical computer science program at IMSC
Those who have completed B.E./B.Sc/B.Tech or M.C.A in computer science or are interested in mathematical aspects of computer science can join this institute.
- Integrated M.Tech – PhD program. Program in IIAs
To participate in this course at IIA, you must have a Master of Science. (Physics/Applied Physics) or Post – B.Sc. With a specialization in optics and opto-electronics or in electronics and radio physics.
- Integrated doctorate in philosophy. Program at IISER. Thiruvananthapuram
Candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree. (Physics) or B. Tech. in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum cumulative score may apply for an integrated Ph.D. program at that institution.
For admission to the M.Sc. program at HRI, you must have a Bachelor of Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Engineering. (Physics)/B.Tech. University degree in any discipline from a recognised university
Note – M.Sc. The physics program started in 2017 at HRI (Harish Chandra Research Institute). Although the PhD program in physics has not been offered since 2017.
Selection procedure for JEST
The selection procedure for Jest is a two-stage process. Let’s discuss this:
Level 1 is the first level where candidates take the general entrance exam. It is a stand-alone document (pen and paper).
Stage 2 – Once you have passed the first selection stage, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview at participating institutions. Therefore, this phase is also called the final phase or final round.
JESTExamination regulations and timetable
Candidates should familiarise themselves with the examination syllabus before starting their preparation for the JEST. Below is the schedule and full program of JEST:
- The JEST questionnaire will consist of three parts, Part A, Part B and Part C.
- The JEST questionnaire is printed in English.
- The JEST check is performed offline.
- The entrance exam takes 3 hours.
Number of questions :
Part A – 15 questions
Handout B – 10 questions
Handout C – 25 questions
Scoring scheme :
For part A – 3 points will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 point will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
For Part B – 3 points will be awarded for each correct answer, no minus points will be awarded for a wrong answer.
For part C – 1 point will be awarded for each correct answer and 1/3 point will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The physics program at JEST covers a wide range of topics, including electromagnetism and optics, quantum mechanics, electronics, thermodynamics and statistical physics, classical mechanics, and many others. The full syllabus can be found on the official JEST website.
Application fee JEST
Candidates are advised to check the registration fee for the JEST examination depending on the category. Below are all the details about the registration fees for JEST:
- Registration fee for general candidates – 400 INR
- Application fee for SC/ST candidates – INR 200
- The registration fee for candidates is INR 200.
- Application fee for candidates of the category SC/ST – NIL
To register for the JESTexamination
In a few steps, candidates can register for the JEST exam. All steps are listed below:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Then open the official website (https://www.jest.org.in).
- Click on the link – Exam Registration
- In order to register, you need to fill in the necessary details
- Once you have entered all the information, you will receive your registration ID and password at your phone number or email address.
- Then log in with your ID and password on the Home page
- Fill in the rest of the details
- Scan your photo and signature
- Then pay with a debit card, online banking or credit card
- Then submit it and don’t forget to print your form for future use.
The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is an examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) to select prospective candidates for admission to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) under the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The JEE is a computer-based examination and the minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for the examination are: Class 11 Marks 60% Class 12 Marks 45% Class 12+2 Marks 45% The maximum qualifying marks are: Class 12 Marks 100% Class 12+2 Marks 100% The examination is conducted by the IITs as per the pattern laid down by the JEE. The examination is held in the month of February every year.. Read more about jest 2021 eligibility criteria and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for jest?
The JEST (job seekers in India Scheme) is a central government scheme for providing employment opportunities to the youth who are economically and educationally backward. It provides reliable and regular employment to such youth, who are willing to take up unskilled jobs in the construction sector. The in-kind payments made to them are to be in the form of food grains. The Scheme is representative of the government’s commitment towards job creation and development of the youths. The government of India has recently been working towards improving the quality of the nation’s youth and improving empowerment. To achieve the same, it has been considering a series of steps that includes reforming the existing education system. The move has been reinforced by the efforts of a few prominent personalities, who have been advocating for the same. One such person is the Chairman of the President’s Monitoring Committee on Education. He is a national educationist and a renowned educationalist of the country. Recently, the government has also initiated the decision of setting up a national exam for secondary students in the country.
What is the eligibility for jest exam?
The JEST or Joint Standarized Examination Test is an entrance exam for joining the Indian Army. The exam is conducted by the Indian Army every year for recruitment to the Army. You are eligible to appear for the exam if you are 16 years or older and if you have passed the 10+2 exam of the Indian School System. Indian IT companies have more than 6500+ experts who provide services to many companies in the areas of Architecture, Application Development, Data Storage, Storage Networking, Networking, and Web based services. There are many Openings in India for such candidates. The fees for such services are not less than Rs.1 to Rs.3 Lakhs per month.
How do I register for jest 2021?
There is no centralized place in India to register for the National Eligibility Test (NET) for jobs in government and semi-government organizations. However, there are 3 government exams that you can register for, depending on the type of job you want to take up. Check here for all updates regarding jest learner registration. JEST is a national exam which is conducted by the Indian government to assess the ability of the candidates who are preparing to appear for various recruitment exams like RRBs, Railways, ITIs and many more. So, if you are planning to appear for any of these exams, do read on.
Feedback,jest exam age limitjest exam syllabusjest scholarship amountjest exam benefitsjest 2021 eligibility criteriajest exam date 2021,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Indian Institute of Science,The Institute of Mathemati…,Bose Institute,Homi Bhabha National In…,DAE ‑ Saha Institute of Nuclear P…,Indian Institute of Science E…,See more,jest exam age limit,jest exam syllabus,jest scholarship amount,jest exam benefits,jest 2021 eligibility criteria,jest exam date 2021,jest exam 2021,jest exam pattern