The Indian Institutes of Technology or IITs are the premier technical institutes in India. IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee and the new IIT Mandi are the six IITs. These institutes were set up by the government of India with the aim of producing quality engineers for the country. The IITs are the only institutions in India that are recognized as “Institutes of National Importance” by the Union Government.
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur is the first institute and the oldest institute in India for imparting technical education. The institute was established in 1883 with the help of Maharaja of Agra, the first Chancellor of the institute was Sir William Gould. The institute is a technical institute and has one of the top four ranking engineering schools in India.
IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) is a premier institute of higher education in India, which is devoted to the development of the engineering and scientific skills of its students. It was established in the year 1959, by the Government of India, to provide advanced education which was not available in the country at that time.. Read more about iit qualification requirements and let us know what you think.
is an exciting career choice where engineers can demonstrate their skills and abilities with their knowledge. Engineering industry is one of the popular sectors that offers many employment benefits. A career as an engineer is the best choice for those who are passionate about the engineering industry. As you all know, the road to engineering can be long for candidates. But don’t worry: If you can choose a first-class institute, this long journey will be interesting and rewarding.
In India, several private and public institutes offer a wide range of engineering courses. There are so many alternatives from which you can choose the right engineering institute and the right engineering course. Without a doubt, IITs are the most prestigious and successful institutions with the best infrastructure. It has the best enrollment numbers in recent years During the training period, candidates are introduced to a new way of learning. Moreover, IITs offer their candidates excellent job opportunities and numerous job opportunities both in India and abroad. IITs are every aspirant’s dream institute, but to get admission, candidates have to pass the national level entrance exams, namely JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Are you one of those who wants to go to the IIT? If so, please study the full article for information on the TII review.
What is the IIT exam?
IIT JEE or Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination is a national level entrance exam held every year for admission to private and public engineering colleges in India. The JEE exam is given at two levels, JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The selection process for IITs is based on the JEE levels. In the initial phase, candidates participate in JEE Main and are eligible to participate in JEE Advanced. After these two phases, the candidates are selected for admission into reputed IITs for UG and PG programmes and integrated courses like B.Tech, Integrated M.Sc, M.Tech, B.Pharma etc.
Every year more than 1,00,000 students appear for the IIT JEE exam, but only a few candidates can qualify this exam as it is one of the toughest entrance exams. This exam requires a high level of knowledge and concentration. Therefore, candidates are advised to study the questions from last year and take the practice test. JEE Main is the first phase conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) and JEE Advanced is the last and crucial phase conducted by selected IITs in rotation. Twenty-three TIIs are currently established
- in several states of India.
IIT selection criteria (JEE Main) – for ordinary students
Candidates who wish to participate in the JEE Main exam must meet the following criteria:
- Academic Qualification – Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized institution.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 exam can also take the JEE Main exam.
- The result of the qualification test – for the general category
- Candidates must score in the top 20% of candidates for the OR qualifying exam.
- Candidates must score 75% in the 10+2 exam.
- Qualifying Examination score – for the category SC/ST/PWD
- Candidates must score 65% in the 10+2 exam.
- Age Limit – There is no maximum age limit for JEE Main.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age at the time of application for JEE Main. In addition, candidates who have not yet reached the age of 12 are also eligible.
- Required subjects – JEE Main is widely known for admission in reputed IITs for 5 years B.Tech/B.E., B.Arch or integrated courses. To be admitted to the above programs, you must pass a number of mandatory subjects on the 10+2 exam.
- Required subjects for B.Tech/B.E. – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technology/Vocational Training/Other. In addition, candidates must learn English in the 10+2 exam.
- Compulsory subjects for B.Arch and B.Plan – To get the degree of B.Arch and B.Plan, the candidates have to study PCM in the qualifying examination.
- PCM stands for physics, mathematics (compulsory subject) and chemistry/biology/biotechnology/engineering/professional education/other subjects. Candidates must learn English at 10+2 level.
- Number of attempts – Students are allowed 3 attempts to pass JEE Main. The NTA administers this exam twice a year and students can register for both exams.
Criteria for admission to IIT(JEE Main) – for dropouts from
There are two types of drop categories:
- The first category consists of candidates who took the JEE Main exam last year, but did not pass, and will participate in the next JEE Main exam.
- The second category are those who have passed 10+2 last year but have taken a temporary break to prepare for JEE Main and will participate in the next JEE Main exam.
The selection criteria for the droppers were announced by the NATA. Let’s see:
- Academic Qualification – As a minimum qualification, candidates must pass 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Minimum score requirement for general category candidates – Candidates must be in the top 20% of the qualifying examinations, or
- He must score at least 75% in the 10+2 exam.
- Minimum score for SC/ST/PWD – Candidates in this category must obtain 65% in the qualifying examination.
- Age Limit – Previously, the maximum age limit for admission to JEE Mains was 25 years. There is currently no maximum age for participation in JEE Mains.
- Runoff Criteria – The runoff criteria for SC/ST/PWD/Other are listed below:
- For disabled persons – 15% reduction based on age
- For ST -5% age-related easing
- For pensioners – 5% discount depending on age
- For people with higher education – 10% discount depending on age
- For CBOs – NCL – 27% age reduction
IIT Selection Criteria (JEE Advanced)
Before you can enroll in JEE Advanced, you must meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
The selection criteria in JEE Advanced are based on several important aspects:
- Performance in JEE Main – Candidates must have a reliable score in JEE Main (including the reserved category).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Other categories will be shortlisted on the basis of percentage and will be given percentage reduction i.e. 10% for GEN-EWS, 15% for SC, 40.5% for ST, 27% for OBC-NCL etc.
- Candidates with disabilities are given a horizontal reserve of 5%.
- Age Limit – There is a lower age limit for JEE Advanced. Applicants selected after 1. Persons born on or after October 1996 may take the advanced examination. SC/ST and disabled category candidates are exempted i.e. candidates of reserved category must appear on or after the first day. October 1991 (5 year discharge).
- Number of Attempts – The JEE Entrance Examination is held every year and candidates can appear for the examination a maximum of two times in subsequent years.
- Grade 12 exam – those who have passed the Grade 12 final exam. with a PCM are considered to have passed.
- As soon as the class 12 examination board announces the results of the current academic year, candidates from that examination board can also participate in the JEE Advanced examination.
- Previous Enrolment in IITs – If a candidate has secured a seat in IITs by applying in the past, he/she will not be able to participate in this exam.
- Candidates who were previously enrolled at IIT and did not continue their studies thereafter are not eligible.
- Candidates whose IIT registration is cancelled after admission will also not be admitted.
- Other conditions apply, please check the official website of this exam.
IIT JEE Main and JEE AdvancedExam Pattern and Syllabus
The IIT JEE Main exam pattern is given below:
- Testing method – computer-based test
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours (4 hours for those with basic disabilities).
- Subjects – physics, chemistry and mathematics
- Number of questions – 90 (30 MQS for each subject)
- Maximum number of points – 300
- The language of instruction is English, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, etc.
- Point system – 4 points are awarded for each correct answer and 1 point is deducted for each incorrect answer; 4 points are awarded for each correct answer (numerical value).
IIT JEE Advanced Paper Diagram :
- Examination method – computer-based
- The language of the exam is Hindi and English.
- Number of documents – 2 (Document-1 and Document-2)
- Total time – 3 hours
- Number of sections – 3 (PCM)
- Point System – There are partial, non-selective and conceptual scores for the exam.
Registration fee JEE Main exam :
- For non-reserved male candidates/OBC – 650 INR
- For unconditional/OBC candidates – INR 325
- For SC/ST/PWD/Transgender – INR 325
JEE Advanced exam registration fee :
- Female candidates (all categories) – INR 1400
- SC/ST/PWD – 1400 INR.
- Other candidates – INR 2800
- Foreign nationals (from SAARC countries) – USD 75, USD 150 for non-SAARC countries.
How to register for the IIT JEE exam:
To register for the IIT JEE exam, you need to go to the official website – https://jeemain.nta.nic.in and register in your account. You will find the JEE Mains option on the Home page of the website, click on it and fill in the application form and upload the required documents. When you click the Submit button, you will be redirected to the payment gateway. After payment, you will receive an application number for your registered ID.Topping the list of the Top India Institutes of Technology are the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, WIPRO, Hyderabad, BITS, Pilani, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Roorkee. Many students dream of joining one of these prestigious institutes and get admission to the prestigious IITs. The Institute of Technology (IIT) system was started in the year 1959 by the then Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The first IIT was set up at Kharagpur, West Bengal After some time, the present pattern of IIT was adopted and the number of IITs increased. There are currently 21 IITs in India. Read more about jee main eligibility marks in 12th and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any age limit for IIT?
IIT is an institute of technology that is one of the best engineering colleges in India. IIT has been ranked one of the best technical college in Asia in the QS Asian University Rankings for 2014. This elite institute has joined the elite group as one of the top technical college in the world. The perfect place for the young stars to learn and grow. Most colleges and universities around the world have a minimum age requirement for enrollment. In India, however, there is a lot of confusion around the minimum age for admission. The following table summarizes the minimum age requirement for admission to undergraduate programs in India: * Note: The “Age Limit” column shows the age at which the students must have completed their schooling to be eligible for admission. Exceptions to the Rules: There have been several instances where the minimum age requirement for admission has been waived, usually in special circumstances: 1. For girls who are pursuing higher education, there are no minimum age requirements. So, even though there is no official age limit for girls, some schools may also not have a minimum age requirement for girls
Is 75 required for IIT?
If you are thinking about getting admission to an engineering college then the most important thing to consider is your marks in class 12. There are some engineering colleges in India that accept students with marks of 67 or even 75 as entrance. The institute accepts students with those marks, the admission is based on the merit list of Class 12. How do you get admit to such college? Read this article to know more about the process of getting admit in IITs. IIT is one of the most sought after engineering institutes in India. Every year thousands of students from all over the country try their luck and attempt the IIT and IIT JEE exam. The IITs are popular because of their high profile, great results and their high fees. Many engineering colleges in India have reduced fees as compared to what they were 10 years back but a few still maintain the same fees as 10 years back.
What is the eligibility for IIT entrance exam?
IIT is a top notch technical institute that offers professional courses to its students. Being at the top of the ladder, its one of the most competitive institutions and the overall admission procedure is quite rigorous. The candidates who are selected are required to take the entrance exam to get admitted to the institute. The number of seats in each course is decided by the institute. The exams are conducted in the month of November- December every year. There is a common question asked by aspiring IITians, “What is the eligibility criteria for IIT entrance exam?” The answer to this is simple – It is a test of your aptitude, knowledge, and skills. If you have the desire to get into IIT and are above 18 years of age and have studied in a good school and have proved it in your class or college, then you can apply for it.
Feedback,iit qualification requirementsjee advanced age limitiit eligibility percentageiit age limitjee main eligibility marks in 12thiit eligibility criteria 2020,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,iit qualification requirements,jee advanced age limit,iit eligibility percentage,iit age limit,jee main eligibility marks in 12th,iit eligibility criteria 2020,iit eligibility criteria 2021,12th percentage required for jee mains