War Thunder Update The Ixwa Strike update is now available for download. Today’s patch only includes land vehicles, new locations, bug fixes, and more.
Patch War Thunder 10. Mars | 6358580
F-5A, Mirage IIIE and more!
24 new land vehicles, including South African infantry fighting vehicles!
- Pz.III H
- HLO.IV G (premium)
- StuG III G
- Wasp HAS.Mk.1 – detailed cockpit information added.
- Pr. 50 Rosomaca (premium)
New locations and missions
- Added a location for the combined battlefield Seversk-13.
Location and placement update
- In some missions, the airfield models have been replaced with identical models, but with a larger footprint (to mask the hilly effect of entering an airfield).
- In most places, the depth has been increased or reduced to historic levels to allow for play with ships.
- Non-moving armor shells are visually modified so that they cannot be mistaken for a recently destroyed and moving vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the same land battle could start in multiple hexes (some units appeared in one hex, others in another).
- Fixed a bug where multiple battles could occur simultaneously in the same quadrant (usually two facing each other).
- AI bombers now appear at different heights depending on combat rank.
- Ongoing confrontation between Khalkhin and Gol – the positions of some airfields have changed. Another potential bombing position added.
- Fixed a bug where some airports had no air defenses in some missions.
- Fixed a bug where a player participating in a game session increased their team’s victory points.
- A bug where, during the Enduring Confrontation mission in Tunisia, the airfields were too close to the center of the map, so that at higher ranks the time to approach the front line from distant airfields was too short.
- The time for reloading anti-aircraft guns on airfields has been reduced (previously it could take several minutes after the mission started).
- Fixed the situation where convoys of dirt were no longer displayed.
- The maximum number of convoys operating simultaneously is increased from one to three.
- Fixed some bugs with convoy appearances that caused accidental blocking or severe stretching of columns. Convoy vehicles should move more easily now.
- Destroying a convoy and marking vehicles in AB mode is now performed when all vehicles in the convoy are on their heels.
Ground vehicle model, damage model, modifications of features and armament :
- The overheating parameters for land vehicle automatic guns have been revised and refined. Automatic pistols fed by magazines or with a limited capacity (e.g. 4 to 20 cartridges) are now less likely to overheat. Belted automatic pistols now overheat faster when fired continuously.
- The resistance to damage of the rail is reduced. Now the armor should be torn apart by a single shot from a 75mm or larger shell.
- Increased thickness of the barrel material for weapons with a calibre of 40 mm and above :
- Caliber 40 – 70 mm : 15 → 20
- The calibre is 75 to 90 mm: 20 → 30
- Caliber 100 – 130 mm : 25 → 35
- Caliber 150mm to 183mm : 30 → 40
- The following vehicles have received new rails:
- Italy : M13/40 (I, II, III), M11/39, M41 75/18, M41 75/32, M43 75/34, M43 105/25, M41M 90/53, M43 75/46, M42 75/34, M14/41 47/40, Semovente M42 Contraereo, Pz.III N, Pz.IV G, StuG III G, M60A1 D.C.Ariete.
- Germany: Dicker Max, Nashorn, Brummber, Pz.IV H, Pz.IV J, Pz.IV G, Pz.IV E, Pz.IV F, Pz.IV F2, Jagdpanzer IV, Panzer IV/70(V), Panzer IV/70(A), Pz.Bef.IV J, Wirbelwind, Ostwind II, Kugelblitz, StuH 42 G, StuG III F, StuG III G, Pz.III J, Pz.III J1, Pz.III L, Pz.III M, M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48 Super.
- USSR : T-I, T-54 47, T-54 49, T-54 51, T-62, T-62-M1, IT-1, SU-122-54, ZSU-57-2, T-72A, T-72B (1989), T-72AV (TURMAN-T).
- Great Britain: Cromwell I, Cromwell V, Cromwell V (RP-3), Archer, Valentine XI, Valentine IX, Centurion Mk.1, Centurion Mk.3, Centurion Mk.10, Centurion Action X, Centurion Mk.5 AVRE, Centurion Mk.5 RAAC, Oliphant Mk1A, Oliphant Mk2
- USA: M48A1, T54E1, M60, M60A2, M60A1(AOS), M60A1 LIFT (P), M103, M60A3 TTS
- China: M48A1, M60A3 TTS.
- France : AMX-30, AMX-30B2, AMX-32, AMX-30 DCA, AMX-30 ACRA, Roland 1.
- Sweden: Strive 81, Strive 101.
- M3A3 (China, France, Italy) – Added change to the smoke grenade launcher.
- Merkava Mk.1, Merkava Mk.2b – ESS modification added.
- Type 90, Type 90B – rate of fire increased from 12 to 15 rounds per minute. The BR went from 10.3 to 10.7 in all game modes.
- 105 mm M774 – Indenter length corrected (from 347 to 375 mm) and indenter length recalculated accordingly.
Aircraft and helicopter model, damage model, performance and armament modifications :
- UH-1C – A reference to a suspended 40mm grenade launcher was included when FFAR missile units were installed.
- A-129 International – cockpit shielding material installed.
- F6F-5 – Added a separate bomb for 1000 lb bombs.
- F4U-7 – Added a separate bomb for 1000 lb bombs.
- B-1 Brigade – Forward Bombardment Capability.
- SA.342M Gazelle – fixed a bug with the floating pod display in one of the predefined weapon menus.
- A32A – Addition of a ballistic computer.
- SBD-3 – the shielding elements are fixed.
- A-26B-10 – Damage reports and armor depositions.
- On some aircraft, the wing breakage was corrected at the level of the outer weapon attachment points to prevent a floating outer weapon after the breakage at the damaged aircraft.
- The misrepresentation of the Gsh-23 cannon has been corrected in some cases for the UPK-23-250 suspended cannon.
- A-7D – Addition of new AGM-65A air-to-ground missiles. A HUD (head-up display) and a radar warning system have been added to the cockpit.
- AV-8A, AV-8C, Harrier GR.1, Harrier GR.3, Buccaneer S.2, F-4E Phantom II, F-4EJ Phantom II, Phantom FGR.2, Phantom FG.1, F-104G, F-104J, F-104S – HUD added.
- Z.1007 to series 3/5 – shielding added.
- F-104J – The number of AIM-9 missiles is increased to 4. AIM-9P missiles have been added.
- Ka-52 – L-370 Vitebsk (President-C) air defense system with inconsistency suppression station.
- I-16 Chung 28, I-16 Type 5 – The mark of the Republic of China has been added to the location.
- F-104G, F-104S – Addition of a ballistic computer.
- Jaguar GR.1 – Ballistic bomb calculator added (CCRP).
- X-23M rocket – The control mode was changed to manual (three-point) to implement the Delta NG linear guidance system with radio control.
- For R-3R, R-3S, PL-2 missiles – the launch overload limit has been increased to 4G.
- AGM-71 TOW / AGM-71 TOW 2 – Change of designation : The AGM-71 TOW has been replaced by the AGM-71 ITOW. The properties and weight of the explosive have changed. The maximum range of the AGM-71 ITOW is increased to 3,750 metres.
- Chaff is added for all aircraft equipped with flares. Added a torch to chaff ratio option, as well as options for torch only or chaff only.
- Pressing the target lock button turns on the infrared locator monitor display in guidance mode (no radar signal). The second click turns the viewfinder off.
- The AIM-7 semi-active search radar missiles have been reconfigured for more realistic behavior. The seeker is not very effective at stopping targets flying against the ground in the direction of the missile. The acquisition distance for low and medium altitude targets is also smaller.
- A-7D – RB game mode combat rating increased from 9.7 to 10.0.
Change of flight pattern:
- Saab Sk.60b – Fixed error in parasitic resistance calculation for Gun Pods. The reversal has been added.
- SB2U-2/3, Wirraway, IAR-81c, Ki-32, – Updated flight model. The operating modes of the motor are specified. Fuel distribution adapted to the tank. The polarities of the wing, fuselage and propeller blades were recalculated and updated. The behaviour of the aircraft during wing flap retraction was clarified. to improve the behaviour of the aircraft during high angle jumps.
- CW-21 – tightening is reduced during aggressive braking. Airflow stabilization has been improved and a better low-speed stop has been introduced. The pace of the climb has slowed a bit.
- Ta 152H1 – the clutch is loose during aggressive braking. Airflow stabilization has been improved and a better low-speed stop has been introduced.
- Do 335 (all modifications) – all control connections have been replaced from cable to tube, allowing for more precise and faster control. The wave resistance of the wing profile is improved by a thinner profile, resulting in better dynamics at high speed. The efficiency of mechanization was improved by the installation of flaperons. For the rudder stock, different inertia values are defined for the fore and aft engine.
- Fw 190 (all amendments) – Reduced risk of flickering under aggressive braking.
- Hurricane (all mods) – fixed a bug that caused the wing flaps to deploy at the wrong speed (the landing position is acceptable at speeds up to 200 km/h or 120 mph).
- P-61 (all mods) – fixed a bug that allowed assault weapons to be fired when the landing gear was down.
- F-104 (all changes) – Added boundary layer control with full flap position and engine operation to improve the aircraft’s landing characteristics.
- A-7D – issue causing additional inaccurate weight and resistance data after installation of GAU-13/a Gun Pods (improved weight and parasitic resistance data)
Ship model, damage, change of features and armament :
- AI shooters will no longer try to hit targets they cannot damage. For example. B. The 37 mm, 40 mm and 76 mm guns do not fire at battleships.
- SM-5-1 100 mm/70 turret – type and weight of explosives corrected for F-55 and OF-55 ammunition.
- Type 41 356mm/45 (IJN Hyuga) pistol – corrected weight, type and velocity of AP cartridge. The HE shell of the heat exchanger has been replaced by a SAP washer.
- USS North Dakota (BB-29) – The Mk.17 AP grenade was replaced with a high-strength Mk.17 grenade. The new AP Mk.7 grenade is now available for research.
- SMS Helgoland – SAP Shell added to Level 1 study. The AP round has entered the 2nd round. The circle has slipped and requires a new search. The RP and SL spent on this turn are refunded.
- The rate of fire of the 102 mm/45 Mark XVI gun and the 102 mm Mark V rapid-fire gun on British warships was adapted to the turret in which they were installed.
- Canon 135mm/45 O.T.O. Mod. 1938 – Increase of firing rate to 7.5 rpm.
- Minisini 100mm naval gun – reduced rate of fire to 12 rounds per minute.
- Leipzig, Nuremberg, Koln, Chapayev, Sverdlov, Zheleznyakov, Red Caucasus – for the guns of the main caliber, ready-made ammunition was taken from the market. The rate of fire is now constant.
- IJN Suzuya, IJN Mikuma, IJN Mogami, IJN Isudzu – ready-to-use cartridges added for the 127mm/40 type 89 cannon. The rate of fire of the gun for these projectiles was changed to 14 rounds per minute.
Vessel characteristics, physical and damage patterns
- The ammunition depot damage model has been modified for battleships, cruisers and destroyers. The fire and explosion of the warehouses were fatal to the ship. The explosion and detonation of the projectile compartments do not render the vessel completely inoperable, but they do cause serious damage to the cargo hold, cracks in the hull and fires.
- Some lights were redesigned for battleships and cruisers – lights in main gun turrets, ammunition lifts and some interior spaces became more dangerous. Fire from the tower room can enter the bar beds, set fire to the elevator, and enter the ammo vault. Packaged packages are more fire resistant than magazines and can be exposed to fire for longer periods. Boxes and warehouses can explode if the fire is not put out. If the fire destroys the warehouse, it will inevitably explode.
- Fixed damage pattern for AP, SAP and HE base rocket shells:
- The kinetic parameters of the damage are increased according to their energy.
- Sector scatter, damage and fragmentation capability of armour-piercing projectiles are corrected. The main damage is caused by cones pointed in the direction of the projectile and on the sides. The weaker fragments were left on the ground.
- The firing and deceleration parameters have been changed so that the projectiles have specific modules and thicknesses depending on the calibre and class of the ship to be fired. Explosion delays are chosen so that the grenade explodes closer to the center of the ship’s beam (at their mean values, input angles, etc.).
- Parameters for loss of airspeed, air resistance and flight time were specified for many projectiles, resulting in some changes in armour piercing.
- The distances between the shells under water have been corrected. Once in the water, the projectile can easily cross a distance equivalent to about 80-100 of its caliber, after which it loses all its lethal power.
- The damage pattern of smokes funnels has improved – now they are harder to destroy: by 2-3 shots of AP grenades of their class and 1-2 HE grenades. Reduction in the maximum speed of the ship when the smoke funnels are damaged or destroyed.
- USS Atlanta (CL-51) – solid hull and deck armor. There are now non-slip armor plates on the sides.
- MBK pr.186, MBK pr.186 (MK 85), MBK-161 (1943) – the position of the crew in the compartments and gun racks was established to avoid the situation of the last survivor when all compartments are destroyed and the ship remains afloat.
- USS Baltimore (CA-68) – crew strength is increased to 1,560. Thickness and shape of armor belts corrected, combat deck armor, hull and upper deck armor added. Repair of the armor lifts for the big guns. A fuel tank was added to the ammunition storage area at the rear. The shielding classification of internal shielding belts has been changed from external to internal.
- USS New Orleans (CA-32) – crew strength increased to 183. The shape and thickness of armor belts, ammunition storage protection, and armor bridges are specified. An anti-slip armor is attached to the sides. Added shields for 20mm eagles. Material of armor corrected.
- USS Northampton (CA-26) – Crew strength increased to 872.
- USS Pensacola (CA-24) – Crew strength increased to 923.
- USS Portland (CA-33) – Crew strength increased to 1,033.
- IJN Ikoma – ship’s armour and main guns repaired, speed increased to 21.91 knots. The number of crew members was reduced to 820.
- IJN Shimakaze – the internal modules were completely redesigned according to documents in the Yasukunin Kaiko Shrine Library.
- Class J (leader), K (F37), N (G25), Chapayev, Zheleznyakov – the list was shortened in tight turns.
- HMS Hawkins (D86) – Problem with self-destructing torpedo launchers solved.
- Leipzig, Nuremberg, Admiral Hipper, Admiral Graf Spee, Red Caucasus, Chapayev, Sverdlov – removal of separations between armor elements.
- IJN Settsu – corrected armor. The thickness of the bow and stern armour belt, the lower part of the main armour belt, the side turrets, the upper part of the barbettes of the bow and stern armour domes, the roof of the armoured cabins and the armoured rear deck have been improved.
- IJN Tone – armor repaired. Modification of the shape of the steering armour, of the thickness of the side armour of the ammunition magazine, of the shape of the armoured bulkhead.
- POLA – Problem solved when aiming 13.2mm MGs.
- J-Class (leader) – additional armor shields for the 20mm guns at the rear.
- Kirov – fixed a bug with the missing subcaliber log.
- SMS Helgoland – fixed a bug with ammo magazines being destroyed when not hit and not being destroyed when hit.
Visual navigation models and visual components
- IJN Mikuma – A cable support station was added to the third main meter tower.
- IJN Mikuma, IJN Mogami, IJN Suzuya – linoleum skirting boards installed on the deck.
- IJN Kako – The flag animation has been corrected. On the deck of the destroyed ship model, a skew of some objects was observed.
- Paula – The hangar registered a false pull.
- R-Boat R-130 – The mines shown on the X-ray when the vessel was out of service were hidden from view.
- IPC Pr.12412 – Showing position of torpedo tubes observed by the ship in the distance.
- Porter (DD-356) – Missing bridge on superstructure repaired.
- Fairmile D (697) – There were problems with the Oerlikon autocannon grenade pocket display.
- BMO – Fixed a problem where the body disappeared on long trips.
- IPC Pr.12412 – Loss of model rocket bombs on the ship WGB 12.
- IJN Settsu – Corrected the incorrect position of the torpedo tubes.
- MS-53 – Correction of the rear body position on the undamaged model.
- IJN Yuudachi – Fixed the incorrect display of the add-on.
- Freccia P-493 – The flag of the Regia Marina has been replaced by the post-war flag of the Marina Militare.
- Garland (H37) – ship emblem and missing taps added. Added an offset marker for the rear turret on the bridge. The shield of the 76 mm cannon has been removed.
- Turbine – The name of the vessel on the lifebuoys has been corrected.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni, Trento, Raimondo Montecucoli, Zara, Paula – removed the dial of the 100 mm guns.
- SMS Von der Tann – added a grenade capture animation to the rear of the turret.
- Type 1939 (T31) – The maximum angle of the main turret slide was increased from 30° to 70°.
- HMS Southampton – The shape of the main calibre turrets has been corrected.
- USS Helena (CL-50) – repaired radar model.
- IJN Hyuga – Misplacement of torpedo tubes corrected.
- J-Class (Leader) – The finished ammunition for the rear turret shown in the x-ray was transferred in boxes.
- HBM Tiger II – rear position of the registered ammunition.
- Clemson (DD-213) – Several breaths were recorded that resembled those from the reserve tanks.
Economics and research
- The class of attackers has been renamed fighter jets and a large number of vehicles have been added. The definition of an attacker was primarily used in Soviet and American aviation school, but in game, vehicles of this class have a number of advantages over fighters (increased gain for destruction of ground and surface targets; reduced reload time for hover weapons in AVs; elimination of the respawn point multiplier in ground-based RBs), although they are very similar. The list of aircraft was moved to the class of attack aircraft because of their combined characteristics, armament, and primary target type in combat:
- USA: FJ-4B, AV-8C, FJ-4B VMF-232, AV-8A, F3D-1, F-84B-26, F-84G-21-RE, F-84F.
- Germany: Bf 110 C-6, Bf 110 C-7, Bf 110 F-2, Bf 110 G-2, Bf 110 G-4, Me 410 A-1, Me 410 B-1, Me 410 B-6/R3, Do 335 A-0, Me 410 A-1/U4, Me 410 B-2/U4, Do 335 A-1, Me 262 A-1/U4, Me 262 A-1a/U1, He 219 A-7, Fw 190 F-8, F-84F
- USSR : Pe-3 (e), Pe-3, Pe-3bis, TIS MA, Yak-38, Yak-38M, Su-7B, Su-7BKL.
- Great Britain: Boefter Mk.VIc, Boefter Mk.X, Mosquito FB.Mk.VI, Mosquito FB.Mk.XVIII, Boefter Mk.21, Harrier GR.3, Harrier GR.1, Firecrest, Tempest Mk.V (Vickers P), Hurricane Mk.IV, Wyvern S.4, Firefly F.Mk.I, Firefly FR.Mk.V, Firebrand TF.Mk.IV, Jaguar GR.1
- Japan: Kee-109.
- China: Mosquito FB.Mk.26, early Q-5, Q-5A, F-84G-21-RE (China).
- Italy : Ro.57 Quadriarm, Bf 110 G-4 (Hungary), F-84F (Italy), F-84G-21-RE (Italy).
- France : F-84F (France), F-84G-26-RE (France), F-84F (Israel), Etendard IVM, Jaguar A.
- Sweden: A32A.
- To avoid confusion, the Strike Fighter type has been removed from the Fighter class.
- Roycat Mk.1D – Moved to the South Africa subtree.
- T55E1 – Blood pressure dropped from 4.7 to 4.3.
- Sd.Kfz.234/4 – BR increased from 3.0 to 3.7. The grade was changed from II to III.
- PG 02 – now also available for Golden Eagle.
- Sparviero – now on sale for the Golden Eagles.
- Rooikat 105, Rooikat Mk.1D – standard fixed camouflage. Added a new tri-colored stone camouflage that can be purchased for golden eagles.
- Class 3(P) – Late desert camouflage, corrected for South African Defence Force desert camouflage.
- The identifying marks and decals of the following vehicles were transferred to the standard camouflage layer. Previously released decals will only remain available to those who purchased vehicles prior to the release of the Ixwa Strike update: PG 02, Haida (G63), USS Bennion (DD-662), USS Cowell (DD-547), Pr. 7U Slim.
- Previously released decals that were transferred to the standard camouflage layer in earlier updates remained available only to those who purchased vehicles prior to the release of the Ixwa Strike update: SU-76M (5th Cavalry Corps), T-III (USSR), Grant I, KV-220, Comet I Iron Prince IV, T-V (USSR), IS-2 Revenge.
- Late monochrome camouflages were added for the following Japanese vehicles: M24, M4A3 (76) W, M41A1, M42.
- Added new decorations for the blue water fleet and the coastal fleet. They are available for missions and for golden eagles.
- Medals and awards in the player card are now displayed as badges of merit for the awards they were given for.
- Smoke configuration options moved from combat configuration to test flight window and reload window for multiplayer game sessions.
- Added a home screen filter to the main settings options to exclude unwanted home screens from rotation (available for a premium account). The filter is only applied after logging into the game with a personal account, and does not affect the home screen in the game’s login window.
- Added an animated note to the pop-up info map for land and ship projectiles, explaining the nature of the effect of that projectile on the target. This feature will appear in one of the next minor updates to the game.
- Nuclear-prepared aircraft were added to the RB tank battles. When a player is born in such a plane, an air attack signal is activated on the conquest points. The bomb can only be dropped on the battlefield portion of the map (where the players’ ground vehicles move), giving the other team a chance to intercept it. After successfully dropping and detonating the bomb, the team achieves instant victory. Nuclear aircraft carriers can respawn for all players if they accumulate enough respawn points (3000 regardless of game session BR, number of respawns on other aircraft, and successful scouting) and are distributed by game session ranks:
- BR 6.7-7.7: TU-4 / B-29A-BN ;
- BR 8.0-9.0 : IL-28 / Canberra B.Mk.6 ;
- BR 9.3+ : Su-7BKL / Jaguar A.
- The icon of the player spotted in the ground RB changed from a success marker to a single marker.
- Added a battle marker (playing field) for radio command Attention on the map for aviators in realistic land and sea battles.
- The critical damage timer has been divided by the difficulty level and is now 90 seconds instead of 90: 75 seconds in AB, 120 seconds in RB, 150 seconds in SB
- Changing the major damage assessment mechanism to the aircraft destruction assessment system. Heavy damage now does not reset at the end of the timer, but remains on the target until it is destroyed or repaired at the airport, but has the lowest priority of all damage types. The priority now is:
- Active critical damage
- Serious active damage
- Active single damages
- Expired critical damage
- Serious Delayed Damage (new)
- The options for displaying historical and semi-historical content in battles have been merged into one – with the exception of fiction. The historical reality stickers of the articles remain unchanged and still include three separate articles: Historical, semi-historical and fictional. It is advisable to go to the appearance settings and make sure you have selected the correct settings.
- Improved impact of all shells on hard surfaces (metal, earth, sand, concrete, etc.).
- The radius of fire effects has been increased and saturation has been reduced.
- The buoy model was replaced by a barrel in the ship’s hangar.
- Improved flame effect.
- A new sound design for all flight weapons has been made.
- Creation of a new sound design for anti-aircraft artillery at airports.
- Added new sounds for the explosion of anti-aircraft guns in the air.
- New explosion sounds have been created to support the new visual effects of grenades hitting different surfaces (metal, earth, sand, concrete, etc.).
- Bombs of different weight have different detonation sounds. They are divided into three groups: small, medium and large.
- The nature of the banging and shooting sounds depends not only on the distance between the sound source and the listener, but also on the height of the listener above the surface of the ground or water.
- The radio chat volume and the voice and GMF volume have been changed in the audio volume settings. The radio chat volume is now only responsible for the volume of radio calls to the team. Voice volume and FMV are responsible for all other voice messages (crew calls, briefings, announcements, etc.).
- For tournament battles, a mechanism is in place to limit the use of custom sound modifiers. When you try to join a tournament with custom sound mods, a message dialog appears: Sound modifications are not allowed in the selected game mode. To deactivate the mods, you must restart the game. Restart the game?
- The engines of the T-34 now have the authentic sound of the original tank.
- The Leopard 1 tanks have their own engine sound added.
- Some land vehicle engine sounds have been modified to be a historically accurate version.
Modifications and corrections for VR establishments
- You can now turn on VR mode in the Hangar’s game settings, under ‘Graphics’. Players will need to restart the game to apply the changes.
- Collimator marker display improved – the scale now matches the marker size when using the monitor.
- Fixed a problem where the aiming collimator could move sideways when you turn your head, causing the aiming point to be incorrect.
- Fixed bug where the tank damage indicator would sometimes not display in VR mode.
Source: Miracle of the warts