During my time at CBSSports.com, I turned buddies with several of the product managers there, and I’d typically recommend cool Fantasy Football instruments or fascinating tweaks the corporate might implement to the league service to make life higher for house owners. Invariably, I’d get shot down, with the reason that it will take too much time/assets for such a device, or it just wasn’t practical.
One product supervisor particularly, we’ll name him, “Ned,” would say “No” before I even received to the verb in my sentence. I’m unsure if it was because he didn’t assume the Fantasy Football tools can be practical or just that he over-toasted his Pop-Tart that morning.
I think about the those that came up with the Top 13 FREE Fantasy Football Draft Tools You Should Use never had a burnt Pop-Tart.
I get that the tools under are all insignificant in the grand scheme of a Fantasy Football instruments, but most of them are simply fun. But understand that it takes ceaselessly for a product to get a green-light for a brand new software.
Let me put it this manner – it took me complaining for THREE YEARS till we finally received a rankings software. That they had no rankings until 2006! The only rankings they did have was finished by a writer inside an article, manually. NOT FUN! It took another couple years before they finally added “Targets” into the gamers’ stats!
OK, I’m achieved ranting. Listed here are some Fantasy Football instruments that I feel can be fun and/or helpful, and would give the product guys headaches for months! (A few of these tools may already be carried out on sites that I’m just unaware of.)
Jump To Section
- 1 Fantasy Football Tools Wish Record!
- 1.1 1. Website Rankings Adjuster
- 1.2 2. Bye-Week Shading
- 1.3 3. Competitive Analysis
- 1.4 four. Damage Percentages
- 1.5 5. Scouting For DSTs
- 1.6 6. Waiver Wire Alerts
- 1.7 7. Video Recreation Hijinx
- 1.8 eight. Auto-Crammed Weekly Publication
- 1.9 9. More League Historical past
- 1.10 10. Mel Kiper-Sort Draft Evaluation
- 1.11 11. Draft Decide Notes and Alerts
Fantasy Football Tools Wish Record!
1. Website Rankings Adjuster
Something that tells you which of them players are overvalued and undervalued in the rankings of the draft service you’re utilizing, in comparison with your personal rankings or consumer mock drafts. This tells you who your opponents usually tend to draft.
In different phrases, in case you’re drafting on ESPN, it might inform you which gamers are being drafted here larger than the place they’re being drafted in consumer mock drafts. This is usually because some house owners routinely give somewhat larger value to players near the top of the draft room, which in fact, are ranked so as of the specialists’ selecting. When an owner panics as a result of the timer is about to go off, they often lean towards drafting the highest-ranking players.
2. Bye-Week Shading
After you select a participant at a place, the remainder of the gamers in that position which have the same bye week are shaded only a tad. This can be a no-brainer that must be very straightforward to integrate. Make it happen. (Keep tuned for its arrival in the summertime of 2018!)
3. Competitive Analysis
I’ve a couple of leagues on CBS that have drafted there for over 10 years in a row. Evaluation of what the opposite house owners often do with their draft picks can be extremely useful.
- “Father Knows Breast drafts a RB in the first round every time.”
- “Stevo’s Shockers drafts three running backs in its first five rounds most of the time.”
- “Dolphin Killas drafts their starting DST, on an average, near Pick No. 9.02.”
There’s a website referred to as, Draftologist.com, that lets you upload your league’s draft outcomes over the past three seasons and it may give you a few of this extremely invaluable info … FOR FREE! It’s outdated now, though, but you’ll be able to still use it I consider.
four. Damage Percentages
Mainstream Fantasy Football league providers all get NFL damage studies each week. It will be good to see the damage percentages of each player over the course of their profession. For example:
- “In 80 career NFL games, this player has been questionable entering a game 43-percent of the time; doubtful 9-percent of the time, and he has missed 7-percent of his games.”
- “Philip Rivers plays in 87-percent of games in which he has been listed as questionable. He averages 14.7 Fantasy points in the games that he plays.”
Then an general damage danger quantity might be associated to every player, using a components that brings in all of those numbers.
5. Scouting For DSTs
Some teams decide up Fantasy Defense/Particular Teams each week in hopes to capitalize on a weak opposing offenses. It might be cool if there was a scout software that seemed forward to every week of your choosing to see the very best scoring Fantasy DSTs which might be dealing with the worst scoring offenses. This might additionally work the opposite approach, displaying you the very best scoring free agent gamers which are arising towards the weakest defenses in a selected upcoming week.
6. Waiver Wire Alerts
On Tuesdays, almost every Fantasy Football website posts their “Waiver Wire Pickups” options on which players are good pickups and which ones are idiot’s gold. There ought to be a logo next to the participant’s names in the add/drop menu that the Fantasy skilled does/doesn’t recommend grabbing him.
7. Video Recreation Hijinx
I feel we should always add some enjoyable to the Fantasy Football draft. It’s such a high-intensity occasion, with our futures decided by hours and hours of analysis. Let’s add just a little more evil by impementing this stuff:
- A red-alert button that every proprietor can push ONCE throughout another proprietor’s selection, that sends off a fire-alarm sound on their pc, and their draft board starts flashing pink, white and black until they choose.
- A timeout button, permitting each proprietor the chance to take simply an additional two minutes on one decide of their choosing.
- A thumbs-up or thumbs-down button that all the house owners can push when somebody makes a decide.
- Draft delay penalty – When an owner takes too long, quite than mechanically give them the perfect participant out there, it bumps them to the again of that spherical.
eight. Auto-Crammed Weekly Publication
One concept I had a number of years ago was to have a set variety of phrases and stat marks that could possibly be combined to create an awesome publication each week for the league. The league’s commissioner would have the power to set the tone of the publication, ranging from, “Happy Fun-Time, to Just News, to Trash-Talk Central.”
- Pleased Enjoyable-Time! – This may be a light publication that does more congratulating than it does mocking. With phrases like, “The North Lauderdale Wildcats scored the highest points in the league for the second time this season! Good job, Timmy!” And “So close! The Tebros were just five points away from beating the Milwaukee Milkmen for the first time in league history! Keep trying, Josh! You can do it!”
- Just the Information – Principally, this is just a stats learn, kind of like the stats/news that comes out within the matchups articles before each NFL recreation. “The Denver Elways are 4-1 the week after being blown out by more than 50 points.” And “Show Me Your TDs has faced the highest-scoring team in 3 of 9 weeks this season.”
- Trash-Speak Central – Lastly, this may be probably the most enjoyable and cause probably the most banter after its delivery. This might be a way more evil-spirited publication, as if TMZ wrote your weekly publication. “Taste the Dwayne Bowe officially destroyed Nostradumbass this week, beating them for the fifth time in a row over the past three seasons.” And “Somebody needs to explain to Lamey how to fill out a lineup. This is the third time this season their team has scored the fewest points. Do they think this is like golf?”
9. More League Historical past
Many sites, including CBSSports.com, now have league histories out there to point out stuff like previous yr’s draft results, earlier yr’s standings, and league data like Most Points Scored in a Season, and Longest Profitable Streak.
But what I’d wish to see is everybody’s Common Draft Position, together with their data at every draft spot. Or number of transactions per yr for every workforce. Which owner makes probably the most trades each season, and which of them by no means trade? Stuff like that.
10. Mel Kiper-Sort Draft Evaluation
Along the identical strains of the “League History” stuff I would like added, I’d like some draft historical past evaluation. Whether it’s an proprietor’s tendencies, like I’ve talked about earlier than, or evaluation on a participant chosen at a sure spot within the draft.
- This is the lowest draft spot Aaron Rodgers has ever been chosen on this league.
- The Okay-Mafia have by no means made it to the playoffs in a yr they’ve drafted a large receiver in the first spherical, like they did just now.
- LeSean McCoy has an ADP of 1.07 on this league over the previous seven years – simply the very best number of any lively player, however it’s nonetheless a pair spots lower than LaDainian Tomlinson’s 1.05 ADP from 2002-11.
- Zed’s Lifeless, Child has drafted Larry Fitzgerald in seven out of the previous 10 NFL seasons.
11. Draft Decide Notes and Alerts
Typically it might be good to make a fast observe and tag it to a participant you drafted (or a participant another person drafted), like:
- “Frank was mad I took T.Y. Hilton just before his pick. Remember him for possible future trades.”
- “Make sure to grab RB handcuff to Carlos Hyde during Round 9 or so.”
- “Everyone made fun of this pick – I must destroy them. And then remind them later in the year that they’re all dumb. The end.”
12. Immediate Rankings
After each round, it might be cool to see an “Instant Rankings” pop-up that confirmed what the league service tasks for the ultimate rankings. Whereas that is more of a conversation piece, it will be nice to rattle a number of the inexperienced house owners by chiding them for being in 11th place after five rounds, tricking them into drafting a second QB in Spherical 6.
Do some of these Fantasy Football instruments exist someplace? In that case, submit a link within the feedback under and inform us where they are!
I hope you loved this Wish Listing for Fantasy Football Tools and hopefully it inspired you to think about some yourself! Be happy to submit them here – and hopefully, we will get the Neds of the world to say “Yes” on occasion!
David Gonos spent 5 years as a CBSSports.com Senior Fantasy Author and three extra years writing with SI.com. Over the previous 17 years, his work has been revealed on NFL.com, MLB.com, FanDuel, FoxSports.com and USA At this time. Since 2001, he has been tracking down the Top 50-plus Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools online. You can contact David Gonos here.