Need ideas for a controversial essay on gender inequality? We’ve had enough!
…but let’s start with a brief introduction.
What is equality?
Gender equality is an integral part of fundamental human rights. This means that men and women have equal opportunities to achieve their potential in all areas of life.
Today, we still face problems of inequality as there is a persistent gap in access to opportunities for men and women.
Women have less access to decision-making and higher education. They are constantly confronted with obstacles in the workplace and pose an increased safety risk. Maintaining gender equality is essential for the achievement of a wide range of global development goals.
Gender inequality is an interesting area of study, which is why students are often assigned to write essays on gender issues.
In this article, we discuss the main features of essays on gender equality. We also made a list of the best ideas for an essay topic.
What are the characteristics of gender equality trials?
Gender equality and inequality are important historical and contemporary social issues that affect the lives of students and their families. These are common topics for research by students in psychology, sociology, and gender studies.
If you are writing an essay on gender equality, you should defend your position and support your arguments with relevant evidence gathered from a variety of sources.
But first you need to choose a good topic that is not too broad and not too narrow to research.
Research is essential to the success of your essay, as you need to develop a strong argument based on a thorough study of various scientific sources.
Gender equality is a complex issue. You will need to consider different aspects and controversial viewpoints on certain topics, demonstrate critical thinking, develop a strong thesis statement and build a logical argument that can impress your audience.
If you are looking for interesting essay topics on gender equality, here is a great list of 100 essay topics and research papers on gender issues in modern society.
If you feel that some topics are too broad, feel free to narrow them down.
Meaningful equality essay topics
Here are 25 of the hottest topics for your reasoned opinion on gender issues.
Whether you are looking for original creative ideas for an essay on gender equality in sport or need inspiration for an essay on gender equality in education, we have what you need.
Use your imagination and creativity to demonstrate your approach.
- Analysis of gender-based violence in different countries
- Compare the gender pay gap in different countries.
- Explain the purpose of gender mainstreaming
- Implications of sex differences in the human brain
- How can we teach boys and girls that they have equal rights?
- Discuss gender-neutral management practices
- Promotion of equal opportunities for men and women in sport
- What does it mean to be transgender?
- Discuss the empowerment of women
- Why is gender blindness a problem for women?
- Why are girls more vulnerable to sexual abuse and exploitation?
- Women who are victims of human traffickers
- Analysis of the glass ceiling in the control system
- The influence of ideology on the definition of gender relations
- Barriers preventing girls in African countries from receiving quality education
- Why are there so few women in STEM?
- The biggest challenges for women in the workplace are
- How do women fight for equality in sport?
- Women, sports and the media
- Contribution of women to the world economy
- The role of gender diversity in scientific innovation and discovery
- What can be done to make cities safer for women and girls?
- International trends in women’s emancipation
- The role of schools in teaching children what is considered appropriate gender behaviour.
- Feminism in social relations, bringing women and men together as a group.
Gender role of test persons
We can measure gender equality by looking at how the two genders are represented in different roles. You don’t have to do extensive research to find essay topics on gender roles, because we’ve already done that for you.
Check out this short list of top ideas on the subject.
- Do paternity leave and maternity leave mean the same thing for babies?
- Imagine and describe a society dominated by women.
- The role of gender in modern western societies
- Comparison of theories of gender development
- Adoption of stereotypical gender roles
- What measures should be taken to achieve gender equality in parenting?
- What is gender identity?
- Emotional differences between men and women
- Challenges to contemporary feminism
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- The benefits of investing in girls’ education
- Patriarchal attitudes and stereotypes in family relationships
- Toys and games for girls and boys
- The role of men and women in politics
- Compare career opportunities for both genders in the military.
- Women in the American Army
- Academic careers and gender equality
- Should men play a greater role in childcare?
- The impact of ageing on women’s economic well-being
- Historical determinants of contemporary gender role differences
- gender issues in gambling
- Cultural stereotypes and gender roles in advertising
- What are the female qualities?
- Gender role theory in sociology
- Reasons for gender differences and similarities in behaviour
Gender research themes
Examples of inequality can be found in the daily lives of different women in many countries around the world. Our gender inequality research topics cover a variety of topics that highlight discrimination against women around the world.
Choose a topic, do research, think, and create a detailed outline of your essay on gender inequality before you begin your first project.
Start with an argumentative thesis statement, then write an engaging introduction, a persuasive main thesis, and a convincing conclusion for an essay on gender inequality.
- Aspects of sex discrimination
- Main features of gender inequality
- Causes of gender discrimination
- The small role of women in relationships
- Differences in education between men and women
- Can education eliminate gender inequality?
- Effects of discrimination on the early development of children
- Why do women have limited professional opportunities in sports?
- Discrimination based on sex in sport
- Lack of women in leadership positions
- Gender inequality in reconciling work and family life.
- Key factors influencing workplace inequality
- What can governments do to close the gender gap in the workplace?
- Gender discrimination in HR processes and practices
- Gender inequalities in work organizations
- Factors underlying gender inequality in developing countries
- Conflict in the workplace as a symptom of gender inequality
- Why are mothers less wealthy than women without children?
- Forms of gender discrimination in modern society
- Gender discrimination in the classroom
- The justification of inequality in American history.
- Origin of gender discrimination
- Motherhood and segregation in the labour markets
- Discrimination on grounds of sex in marriage
- Can technology reduce gender discrimination?
Most controversial gender issues
Need a good topic for an essay on gender stereotypes? Here are some popular controversies about various gender issues that people are currently facing.
They are discussed in academic studies, newspaper articles and Social Media posts. If you choose one of them, you should do extensive research to create an impressive document.
- How do gender misconceptions influence behavior?
- The most common outdated stereotypes about the roles of men and women.
- How does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage?
- Explain the role of sexuality in the perception of stereotypical gender roles.
- The role of the media in eliminating stereotypes about the roles of men and women
- Discuss the dual approach to gender equality.
- Are women better than men or are they the same?
- Stereotypes about the roles of men and women in the workplace
- Racial inequalities in gender relations
- Challenges to contemporary feminism
- The role of feminism in creating an alternative culture for women
- Feminism and transgender theory
- Gender stereotypes in science and education
- Are gender roles important to society?
- The future of gender norms
- How can we create a better world for women?
- Are men the weaker sex?
- Beauty contests and women’s emancipation
- Are women better communicators?
- What is the origin of sexual orientation?
- Should prostitution be legal?
- Advantages and disadvantages of feminism
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a woman
- Can cinema challenge gender stereotypes?
- Sexuality and politics
Feel free to use these powerful topic ideas to write a good college essay on gender equality or as a starting point for your studies.
Don’t have time to do decent research and write a quality paper? It’s hunky-dory! Choose a topic from our list and let a professional write your essay for you!
Share this story:
This source proved very useful for our research. Find out more about gender research paper and tell us what you think.
frequently asked questions
What are the best research topics?
Good research design topics
What are the main gender issues?
The problem is the cause…
What are examples of research topics?