Maxis released a new update for The Sims 4. We’ve published the full patch notes for the 28th update. April.
The Sims 4 update 1.40 is now available for download. Unfortunately, we don’t know the size of the download at this time, but it may vary depending on the platform.
Sims 4 patch notes 1.40
- PC : 126.96.36.1990
- Mac: 188.8.131.520
- Console: Version 1.40
At Create a Sim, we’ve updated and redesigned two hairstyles for use with babies and toddlers.
First, we have the beautiful pfHair_EF30TightCurls, cfHair_EF30TightCurls, and yfHair_EF30TightCurls, as shown below, including how they would look if worn on a male frame, as shown in ymHair_EF30TightCurls.
So we have cfHair_ShortTextured, pfHair_ShortTextured, ymHair_ShortTextured shown below, including how they would look if placed on a female frame, shown as yfHair_ShortTextured.
The author would like to apologize for his terrible photoshop skills in compiling these images. Too bad… lots of photoshop! That’s even better!
Now, to cut to the chase…
- Fixed bug where objects in build mode were now correctly displayed in the Show Used Objects section of gallery pop-ups. Precision is the best policy… in this case.
- We’ve revised some career and school advisories to make them more consistent and understandable for Simmers.
- The cradleObject_GENBook is no longer visible to the Simmers, it shouldn’t have been….. It was an ugly book. We didn’t like it!
- Several menu items from the DEBUG pie have been translated, including Discover University and Snowy Escape. We haven’t translated them, right, since ….. because they were DEBUG and only available with a specific rogue, but we’re working on it now. Thank you for your reports and your patience!
- We’ve noticed that Sims are uncomfortable collecting water….. We didn’t really understand why, so we decided they wouldn’t be unkind. Let them feel what they want to feel, I say.
- Ghost Sims are now displayed as ghosts in CAS. There were times when they made us take a second look, but no, they are ghosts and will remain ghosts. I think I saw the plot of a movie in ….. The ghosts… the car, the dance… EVERYTHING.
- As always, the publisher and localization team have made some adjustments and improvements to some of the in-game text in all previous packs and updates. *Little
- The social panel no longer displays in the wrong tab by default. What account was I in? Now I’ll always know.
Living in the city
- Vegetarian Sims no longer accidentally eat non-vegetarian leftovers from the fridge. Not funny, guys!
- Fixed an issue that prevented the DigiRAD keyboard from making a sound when autoplay was selected.
Cats and dogs
- You see, I think every species – well, everyone – has the right to find love. But we had to solve the problem of females in heat, even if they were spayed. I hope my beautiful neutered cats will still find love there.
- Oh, the rain, such a poetic moment in nature. Sitting comfortably with a blanket and a cup of coffee, watching the world go by with the melodious sound of raindrops falling lightly to the ground….. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Is that Sim taking a shower outside? Yes, of course! Rain can be absorbed when it rains.
- Similarly, Shower in the Rain has installed the eco lifestyle for the Simmers to make all resources as accessible as possible!
- All soaps used are biodegradable – I promise!
- The fish dinner now counts as the completion of the Great Meal holiday events.
- Creating a Sim-Asset yfBody_EP10CoatDenim will no longer be a problem with all knee-high boots. Although these boots are designed for walking, the dress should be perfect too. My opinion, supposedly.
- Sims children will no longer receive a blessing from heaven after receiving a blessing at the youth celebration. Children should only receive the blessing of the Heavenly when they ask Yamachan to hunt in the cave, and should avoid receiving the blessing of youth from an adult sim as well. #blessed
- Extreme sports enthusiasts can now ski or snowboard at high intensity on advanced or expert slopes. Good luck!
- Recipes from this pack now appear when you unlock skill levels in Gourmet Cooking. Especially level 3 and 5. I like it.
- Sims no longer freeze when performing computer interactions on Mount Komorebi, including 2-4-2 Wakabamori. I think I saw that in a movie once… but… I had a less happy ending.
Discover the university
- Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Magister property icon was a replacement icon. Or is it?
- Advancement in legal career now leads to corresponding promotion. Keep up the good work!
- Fixed bug where the Made with Mentor icon did not show the correct icon.
- When Simmers Get Together is installed, the Eco Lifestyle features are now added to the club selection.
- Collecting bug nuggets will now be possible when the bugs are ready. Enjoy your meal.
- Vegetarian dogs and hot dogs can also be roasted on campfires. Iconic.
- Is your vampire simulator tired of drinking the same plasma? Do they drink it so much they can’t tell if it’s plasma? Ugh, it’s a tough diet, huh? I can tell you… Vampire Sims now have a varied diet of fish, frogs, and dolphins. A common plasma when left to their own devices.
- Tiny houses no longer get magically clean and dust bunnies disappear (if the Simmers have dust bunnies) when the Sims travel or the Simmers restart the game. Man, I wish my apartment would magically get that clean.
Fine knitted fabrics
- Fixed bug where the expiration date was not shown for items listed on Plopsy.
- Dust bunnies and ogres can now appear in Haunted House residential lots if the Simmer has dust bunnies. Dusty Rabbit does boho.
- Your Sims had a lot to do today, but do you know what they did instead? They’ve vacuumed. It was a very good cleaning. Do you cook? The area has been vacuumed. This concert? The area has been vacuumed. And the pumps? The area has been vacuumed. Read it? The area has been vacuumed. You see this mistake? We took the time to do it. The end of this mistake? Will be released with this patch. Sims no longer randomly place their tasks in the vacuum queue.