Gok Wan is set to take a break from being the “It” boy of magazine publishing, with the former TV presenter confirmed as one of the presenters on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. But that’s not the only thing Gok has been doing recently. In one of the most controversial decisions in the TV industry, Gok has been picked to take over the presenting duties on I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, the ITV1 spin-off of the original Australian reality show, which is due to start in January.
On Sunday’s episode of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! the line-up was announced for the live shows of this year’s series of Strictly Come Dancing. The line-up for the celebrity dancers sees a return to the familiar faces of the show, who will be dancing with the professional dancers in a series of shows at Wembley Arena.
Will we see Gok on screens this year? (Photo: ITV/Getty) Looks like Dancing on the Grass and I’m a Celebrity….. Get Me Out of Here! are competing for Gok Wang after the fashion expert and presenter said he had been offered to star in both shows. The 46-year-old artiste said he has often been offered to appear on hit shows in the past, but was never confident enough to do so. Speaking to The Sun, Gok said he was afraid to appear on the shows, but didn’t rule out doing so in the future. I’ve been asked to do both, and I’ve often wondered whether or not I’m doing it, he said. Believe it or not, I don’t have the confidence to do that. I know I’d be scared before I got on the dance floor, and I don’t think I could do it. Gok continued talking: I love doing my job, and I love being in front of the camera, but I love being in front of the camera with things I know, so I find it really intimidating. Can Gok compete next year on I’m A Celebrity with Ant and Dec? (Photo: ITV/Getty) Oti Mabuse and Bill Bailey won Strictly Come Dancing in 2020 (Photo: ). They declined to comment when approached about this. Metro.co.uk has also contacted ITV for comment. After weeks of waiting for confirmation, it has been announced that the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here will see an epic return to the Australian jungle. A source close to the show said there are signs of a return to the reality show’s original location, Gwrych Castle in North Wales in 2020. Last year, during the pandemic, Strictly Come Dancing was held without an audience in the studio and was won by Bill Bailey and his partner Oti Mabuse. The next episodes of both shows have not been announced yet, but maybe Gok will appear in one of them this year? Gamble said both programs have approached him in the past (Photo: REX) Gok first came to prominence with the hit film How to Look Good Naked, which first aired on Channel 4 in 2006. Although the show was a success, the presenter had previously revealed that he needed therapy after the show became a trigger.
Read more: Strictly Come Dancing
Speaking to Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield in This Morning, Gok revealed that he was so absorbed in the lives of the women he dressed that he had to call in a professional when the cameras stopped working. I needed a break, he admitted. We did 78 [episodes of the show]. I was in therapy for a while when I made the series. There were so many triggers for me about what I was experiencing with my body and how I felt about myself. If you have a celebrity story, video or photos, please contact the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or visit our material submission page – we’d love to hear from you. You can find more stories like this on our entertainment page. Follow Metro.co.uk on Twitter and Facebook for the latest celebrity and entertainment news. You can now receive articles from Metro.co.uk directly on your device. Sign up to receive our daily announcements by clicking here. PLUS Gok Wan on how he tracks for Comic Relief : After the last 12 months, we all deserve a vacation. PLUS Gok Wan says he first went to a rave when he was 13 and hosted the biggest New Year’s Eve party in the country.