news published on 14/03/2018 at 5:00 pm
On this day of Pi (March 14 or 3/14 in Anglo-Saxon notation), it is a new model of the Raspberry Pi 3 which is announced and already available for a modest price. This Raspberry Pi 3 B+ version continues to take advantage of the switch to 64-Bit initiated with the Model B but benefits from improved performance.
The processor (Broadcom’s BCM2837B0) is still quad-core with ARM Cortex-A53 cores but with a rate changing to 1.4 GHz instead of 1.2 GHz. WiFi wireless connectivity switches to 802.11ac dual band WiFi (2.4 and 5 GHz) and still offers Bluetooth 4.2.
The platform also features Gigabit Ethernet via USB 2.0 (up to 300 Mbps) and supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) functionality while waiting for its own PoE HAT.
It also features better thermal stress management and the ability to boot from a USB storage device. The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ is available now on the official website for 35 dollars.
Please note that there are currently various promotions on Raspberry at the moment, for example:
- The Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 Expansion Board with Shell at € 14.92 €
- The Super Starter Kit 2.0 for Raspberry Pi 3, 2, Zero & Model B+w/ 40 to 21,10 €
- The X900 HIFI DAC ES9023 expansion card for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, 2B, A, and Zero W at 24 €
- The Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+ starter kit in Ultimate version at 30,99 € (shipped from France)
- The Raspberry Pi Model 3 B (English version) at 33,16 €
- The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (version 2018) + the starter kit in Light version at 52,50 €(shipped from Germany)
- The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (version 2018) + the Full starter kit at € 64,90 € (shipped from Germany)