Gateworks unveiled a “Venice” household of SBCs that run Ubuntu on an i.MX8M Mini, beginning with a “GW7300” mannequin with 2x GbE with PoE, USB host and OTG, MIPI-DSI and -CSI, and 3x mini-PCIe with SIM.
Our readers seem to be Gateworks SBCs regardless of the actual fact the San Luis, Obispo, Calif. based mostly firm typically equips its boards with growing old processors such because the NXP i.MX6, discovered on SBCs just like the Ventana GW5913 and Ventana GW5910. Now there’s much more to love as Gateworks has moved to an up-to-date i.MX8M Mini with its new Venice household of SBCs.
Venice GW7300, back and front
(click on pictures to enlarge)
The brand new Venice GW7300 is the primary of 4 Venice SBCs geared up with the quad-core, Cortex-A53 i.MX8M Mini. We’ve seen quite a few Mini-based SBCs, together with Avnet’s latest MaaxBoard Mini.
Not like the i.MX8 and that i.MX8M, the i.MX8M Mini lacks 4K video, but it surely’s sooner and extra energy environment friendly than the i.MX8M. Gateworks clocks it at 1.6GHz, however the SoC can go to 1.8GHz. There are additionally GCNanoUltra (3D) and GC320 (2D) graphics cores with HD video help and a 400MHz Cortex-M4 MCU.
Venice household characteristic comparability (left) and Venice GW7300 block diagram
(click on pictures to enlarge)
The Venice GW7300, which has the identical 105 x 100mm dimensions as Gateworks’ Octeon TX based mostly Newport GW6300, is likely one of the two high-end Venice fashions together with the upcoming, 140 x 100mm GW7400, which seems to have equivalent options apart from the addition of a fourth mini-PCIe slot. There may also be smaller 100 x 35mm GW7100 and 100 x 70mm GW7200 boards with fewer mini-PCIe slots and within the case of the GW7100, solely single GbE, USB host, and serial ports (see preliminary Venice household chart above).
All of the Venice boards will ship with the quad-core Mini together with 1GB to 4GB LPDDR4, 8GB to 64GB eMMC, and I2C, SPI, DIO, PoE, RTC, and nano-SIM slot. All of them ship with an Ubuntu Linux BSP with U-Boot and supply -40 to 85°C help and wide-range 8-60V DC inputs with 3-8W consumption.
Venice GW7300 element view
(click on picture to enlarge)
The Venice GW7300 provides twin Gigabit Ethernet ports — one with passive PoE and the opposite with energetic PoE. You additionally get elective WiFi/BT and GPS plus 3x mini-PCIe slots. Different options embody USB 2.zero host and OTG ports, MIPI-DSI and -CSI, I2S audio, and a wide range of serial and I/O headers. The SBC is provided with a watchdog, accelerometer, PMIC, and extra.
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Specs listed for the Venice GW7300 embody:
- Processor — NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad (4x Cortex-A53 @ 1.6GHz); Cortex-M4F @ 400MHz; GCNanoUltra for 3D, GC320 for 2D GPUs; 1080p60 H.264, VP8/1080p60 H.265, H.264, VP8, VP9 video
- 1GB LPDDR4-2133 RAM (possibility for as much as 4GB)
- 8GB eMMC (possibility for as much as 64GB)
- MicroSD slot (with nano-SIM slot)
- 2x GbE ports (1x with passive PoE, 1x with energetic 802.3at/af)
- Elective 802.11b/g/n with BT/BLE 4.2 (Laird Sterling module) with U.FL ant. connector
- Elective u-blox GPS receiver with MMCX ant. connector
- Media I/O:
- MIPI-DSI for as much as 1080p60
- I2S audio
- Different I/O:
- USB 2.zero host port
- Micro-USB 2.zero OTG port
- RS232/RS485, serial TTL
- I2C, SPI, DIO, ADC, fan
- 3x mini-PCIe slots with USB and as much as 5G help
- Nano-SIM slot constructed into microSD
- Elective mini-PCIe playing cards together with LTE CATM1/4, 802.11ac; sub-1GHz, Iridium
- Different options — RTC with battery; watchdog; serial EEPROM; digital 3-axis MEMS accelerometer; pushbutton swap; tamper swap; JTAG programmer and cables with Dev Package bundle
- Energy — 8-60V DC enter jack or through energetic PoE; [email protected]°C typical consumption; reverse voltage safety; PMIC with distant administration; energy provide with Dev Package bundle; 15W energy to mini-PCIe
- Working temperature — 40 to 85°C
- Dimensions – 105 x 100 x 21mm; 74 g
- Working system – Ubuntu BSP with U-Boot
The Venice GW7300 seems to be out there for order at an undisclosed worth. Extra data could also be present in Gateworks’ announcement and product web page.