Nick Diaz is facing charges of domestic battery and strangulation after the UFC fighter was arrested Thursday.
Based to multiple accounts, American professional mixed martial artist Nickolas Robert “Nick” Diaz has supposedly been detained and charged with felony domestic battery by strangulation, in addition to misdemeanor domestic battery, according to MMA Junkie.
Officer Larry Hadfield of the LVMPD office of public data confirmed that the alleged victim was female, according to MMA Junkie. Hadfield said officers responded to a telephone and were dispatched to a vegas residence at approximately 7:-LRB-*******************************************************) p.m. PT.
An anonymous source with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie that “12 units were dispatched to the scene, the alleged victim was transported to a local hospital and Diaz was combative with officers during his arrest.”
Here is what you need to understand:-LRB-********************)
Jump To Section
- 1 1. Diaz has been Held on an $18K Bond and is Facing Charges of Felony Domestic Battery by Strangulation & Misdemeanor Domestic Battery
- 2 2. Diaz is a Former Welterweight Champion in Strikeforce and WEC, continues to be Fighting Professionally Since 2001 and Holds a Black Belt at Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu
- 3 3. Diaz Has Been Fined and Suspended Many times in the UFC for Failing Drug Tests and Testing Positive for Marijuana
- 4 4. Diaz’s Close Buddy Defends Him, Claiming the Woman in Question Has Been Stalking Diaz for decades and Filed a Fake Police Report to Have Him Arrested
- 5 5. Diaz’s Younger Brother Nate Was Recently Investigated For an Alleged Assault on Clay Guida Throughout a Combate Americas Event
1. Diaz has been Held on an $18K Bond and is Facing Charges of Felony Domestic Battery by Strangulation & Misdemeanor Domestic Battery
The 34-year old Stockton native has been held in Clark County Detention Centre on Friday in Las Vegas, according to online documents. While the Las Vegas Police department hasn’t officially confirmed that the “Nickolas R. Diaz” it detained was the Ultimate Fighting Championship celebrity, a statement issued by UFC verified that it had been Diaz.
“UFC is aware of the recent arrest of middleweight athlete, Nick Diaz,” the advertising said in a statement. “The organisation does not tolerate domestic violence and requires all athletes to adhere to the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. Every athlete is deserving of due process and this situation, as with any official allegations, will be duly reviewed and thoroughly investigated by an independent party.”
as a consequence of the allegations against Diaz, which also have cocaine use, UFC is taking the necessary precautions to ensure they understand every detail of the incident.
MMA Junkie’s source claims that Diaz was combative with police and was escorted to jail after 12 police units showed up to that the vegas residence. Diaz’s bond was set at $18,000. He remains in custody and Can’t post bond until after a court hearing scheduled for Saturday at 9 a.m.
Heavy achieved to a Diaz’s ex-wife Chloe Standley for comment about the alleged claims, who states she married Diaz in 2017. When asked if they were married, Standley responded “no comment.”
2. Diaz is a Former Welterweight Champion in Strikeforce and WEC, continues to be Fighting Professionally Since 2001 and Holds a Black Belt at Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu
Based to his UFC Fighter Profile, Diaz began training because he had been having issues with individuals who were physically much larger than he was. “When I saw the UFC, I was impressed and wanted to some day be able to perform like those fighters,” Diaz stated, according to his profile. He states that fighting for the UFC is “a dream fulfilled.”
Diaz did not attend college before he began training for the UFC. He competed in the lightweight division and he was the winner of The Ultimate Fighter 5. Diaz holds a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu beneath Cesar Gracie and is a former welterweight champion in Strikeforce and WEC.
He’s been a pro fighter since 2001 and contains 13 notable wins by KO and eight by entry — 4 armbar, two kimura, RNC, triangle choke — based to his fighter profile. Diaz has conquered Muhsin Corbbrey, Thomas Denny, Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, Mach Sakurai, Cyborg Santos, and Paul Daley.
Diaz, 34, hasn’t fought since 2015. He had been suspended by USADA for a year due to a 2017 whereabouts breach compared to that the UFC’s anti-doping policy, but was entitled to return to the Octagon last month.
3. Diaz Has Been Fined and Suspended Many times in the UFC for Failing Drug Tests and Testing Positive for Marijuana
Diaz was previously suspended for one year by the UFC and fined 79,500 for failing a drug test after his last fight at UFC 143. Diaz was only reinstated by UFC this past April. According to MMA Mania, the 34-year old has not fought since his game with Anderson Silva back in 2015.
“Silva originally won that fight via decision before it was overturned to a no contest due to both fighters failing drug tests (Silva for drostanolone and androsterone and Diaz for marijuana),” MMA Mania stated.
Diaz appeared before the Nevada Athletic Commission in vegas about the drug charges back in 2015 along with his legal counsel to response for the test, where he tested positive for THC. Diaz has medical clearance in his home state of California to use marijuana for medicinal purposes.
His fine was handed down by the NSAC and ended up being 30 percentage of his struggle bag and the bonus he received following the bout for Fight of the evening. Diaz’s payday was 200,000; his bonus check was for $65,000, according to Heavy.
In 2007, following a submission win over Takanori Gomi during Pride 33, Diaz also tested positive for marijuana and has been suspended for six months and fined 20 percent of his bag also. The triumph over Gomi was overturned to a no contest.
Heavy reports that Diaz confessed that he uses marijuana medicinally, even during training for fights, as a remedy for AD/HD. When asked why he did not disclose the use of this medication on his pre-fight medical questionnaire, Diaz stated “he didn’t believe he needed to list marijuana as a prescription drug because it’s not available at a typical pharmacy like Walgreens.” Diaz also said he left sterile areas of the form asking if he had some “serious medical conditions” since he did not think his illness was serious, according to Heavy.
4. Diaz’s Close Buddy Defends Him, Claiming the Woman in Question Has Been Stalking Diaz for decades and Filed a Fake Police Report to Have Him Arrested
According to Bloody Elbow, a close friend of the fighter asserts that Nick was really a victim of circumstance. Diaz’s buddy Matt Staudt composed a lengthy Instagram post saying that Diaz would not lay hands on anybody unless it was done from self-defense.
“If it wasn’t clear, I’ve got this guys back if he needs me always and completely,” Staudt wrote. “One of the best people I know, and that’s the truth, he just plays by his rules, views the world very differently than most and has been f—d constantly. Seeing how everything evolved here infuriates me. The news is out so better to address than not, and for my own sake, not really on his behalf.”
If it was not clear, I have this guys back if he needs me consistently and totally. Among the greatest people I know, and that is the truth, he plays with his rules, views the world very differently than most and has been fucked constantly. Seeing how everything evolved here infuriates me. The news is out better to speech than not, and for my own sake, not actually on his behalf. I’ve seen drunk men get in Nick’s face and prevent serious injury because he is a martial artist and a killer but understands that and he has passed the point of needing to prove it. He does not even act hard to people… there’s not any situation where Nick would place his hands on anybody unless it was necessary self explanatory, then watch the fuck out. Moving on, the woman who’s accusing him is the most deranged and insane I’ve met to date. She’s been obsessed with and stalked Nick for maybe two years now. Suicide attempts, calls to his household from bogus numbers, million of calls a day — yes thousands, showing up everywhere he goes after his story… He changed his number to get off but Vegas is small and they crossed paths again. She left their interaction feeling some form of way and put in a bogus report to get and have him detained which she is threatened to do several times before too. I can not even fully digest this whole thing because of how insane and wrong it is. If Nick’s at fault it’s because he’s chosen again and again and again not to create a police report against her like I have advised profusely in the past when she’s struck him or broke his telephone or broke into his location or stolen items from him or threatened suicide, etc.. Everybody is going to believe what they think when they view the information so that it’s very important for me to at least put out something that is in fact factual. #fakenews
“I’ve seen drunk guys get in Nick’s face and avoid serious injury because he’s a martial artist and a killer but knows that and he’s passed the point of needing to prove it. He doesn’t even act tough to people… There is no scenario where Nick would put his hands on anyone unless it was necessary self-defense, and then watch the f—k out.”
Staudt also asserts that the girl in question has been stalking Diaz for the last couple of years and Nick has been always trying to distance himself from her. Staudt asserts she allegedly filed a bogus police report with the hopes of becoming Diaz detained.
“Moving on, the girl who is accusing him is the most deranged and insane I’ve met to date. She has been obsessed with and stalked Nick for maybe 2 years now,” Staudt claimed. “Suicide attempts, calls to his family from fake numbers, thousand of calls a day – yes thousands, showing up everywhere he goes following his story.”
5. Diaz’s Younger Brother Nate Was Recently Investigated For an Alleged Assault on Clay Guida Throughout a Combate Americas Event
News of the arrest came soon after Nick’s younger brother and fellow UFC fighter Nate Diaz was investigated from the Sacramento Police Department in California for an alleged attack on Clay Guida during a Combate Americas event held 11 May, according to MMA Junkie.
Sgt. Shaun Hampton told MMA Junkie an officer showed up and took a misdemeanor battery report in the function. Hampton called Guida as the alleged victim and Diaz as the alleged suspect in the incident.
John Fosco, Guida’s manager, confirmed the UFC star filed a police report after the incident. It claimed that Diaz allegedly pushed Guida from behind without warning, sending him crashing into a metal guardrail and splitting his lip open.
Word of the incident spread quickly on social networking, with Guida’s training partner Tyler Diamond accusing Diaz of slapping him when he stepped to deescalate the situation following Guida was pushed.
Hampton told MMA Junkie that “the police report will be assigned to a detective, who will then decide whether there’s probable cause to send an arrest warrant request to the district attorney’s office. The DA will then decide whether or not to issue the warrant.”
(function(d)var id=”facebook-jssdk”;if(! d.getElementById(id))var js=d. createElement(“script”),ref=d. getElementsByTagName(“script”);js.id=id,js.async=true,js.src=”https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js”,ref.parentNode.insertBefore(js,ref))(document)