January 1, 2020, RELEASED BY IN DANCING
The Isadora Duncan Dancing Honors, recognized in your area as the Izzies, are granted every year to recognize imaginative accomplishments in the efficiency and also discussion of dancing. This year the Isadora Duncan Dancing Honors Board will certainly commemorate 34 years of recognizing neighborhood dancing musicians.
Honors are given up 9 classifications to recognize the professional dancers, choreographers, developers, authors, dancing business, dancing scholars and also people that have actually made essential payments to the San Francisco Bay Location’s flourishing dancing neighborhood.
The champions will certainly be recognized at a honors event to be kept in the springtime of2020 This occasion will certainly be complimentary and also available to the general public. The following is a listing of Candidates and also Guest of honors by honors group.
Superior Success in Choreography
- Katie Faulkner, in partnership with the professional dancers, Divining, little seismic dancing firm, ODC Movie theater, San Francisco
- Janice Garrett, Gojubi, Garrett + Moulton Productions, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Hope Mohr, in partnership with the entertainers, Leaving the Atocha Terminal, Southern Direct Exposure, San Francisco
- Amy Seiwert, Renaissance, Smuin Contemporary Dancing, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts Movie Theater, San Francisco
Superior Success in Efficiency– Person
- Zackary Forcum, femme’s rejection, choreography by Zackary Forcum, ZEST Dancing Movie Theater, San Francisco International Arts Event, Ft Mason Church, San Francisco
- Chinchin Hsu, Divining, choreography by Katie Faulkner, in partnership with the professional dancers, little seismic dancing firm, ODC Movie theater, San Francisco
- Kimberly Marie Olivier, The 5th Period, choreography by Helgi Tomasson, San Francisco Dancing, Battle Memorial Concert Hall, San Francisco
- Allie Papazian, Afterward, choreography by Mark Foehringer, Mark Foehringer Dancing Job, Cowell Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Frankie Peterson, Champions and also Lovers, choreography by Gregory Dawson, Black Choreographers Event: Present Moment 2019, Dancing Objective Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Kavita Thirumalai, Anandam, choreography by Kavita Thirumalai, Cubberly Movie Theater, Palo Alto
Superior Success in Efficiency– Set
- Tessa Barbour, Ian Buchanan, Maggie Carey, Mengjun Chen, Jonah Corrall, Valerie Harmon, Nicole Haskins, Peter Kurta, Tess Lane, Ben Needham-Wood, Terez Dean Orr, Lauren Pschirrer, Max van der Sterre, and also Erin Yarbrough-Powell, Renaissance (actors of Might 24, 2019), choreography by Amy Seiwert, Smuin Contemporary Dancing, Hill Sight Facility for the Arts, Hill Sight
- Dores André, Ulrik Birkkjaer, Jaime Garcia Castilla, Sasha De Sola, Benjamin Freemantle, and also Elizabeth Powell, Appassionata (cast of February 12, 2019), choreography by Benjamin Millepied, San Francisco Dancing, Battle Memorial Concert Hall, San Francisco
- Julia Daniel and also Collette Kollewe, duet from little variants, choreography by Cid Pearlman, Cid Pearlman Efficiency, Joe Goode Annex, San Francisco
- Garrett + Moulton Productions’ Activity Choir Dancers: Ashleigh Adamec, Allegra Bautista, Suzanne Beahrs, Jessica Bozzo, Charlotte Carmichael, Jessica DeFranco, Caitlin Hicks, Anna Krumpos, Nicole Maimon, Alyssa Mitchel, Chelsea Mosley, Christia Nguyen, Thea Patterson, Hannah Pierce, Jocelyn Satterberg, Clare Schweitzer, Nicholas Stettenbenz, and also Oona Wong-Danders, Stabat Mater and also Mad Brass, choreography by Janice Garrett and also Charles Moulton, Garrett + Moulton Productions, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Megan Lowe with Sonsherée Giles and also Shira Yaziv, Activity Possible, choreography by Megan Lowe, in partnership with the entertainers, Megan Lowe Dances, Athletic Play Ground, Emeryville
- Lydia Clinton, Marlene Garcia, Emily Hansel, Kyle Limin, Alexa Manalansan, Macio Payomo, Nell Suttles, Brianna Torres, Oona Wong-Danders, and also Liselle Yap, Influence, instructions and also choreography by Kristin Damrow, Kristin Damrow & Business, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts online forum San Francisco
Superior Success in Efficiency– Business
- Afro Urban Culture + Bearettes, Attaching the Concrete to the Dirt, choreography by Saabirah Faatimah, Nkeiruka Oruche, Tossie Long, and also Kanukai Chigamba, San Francisco Ethnic Dancing Event, Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley
- Arletta Anderson, Eric Garcia, Cookie Harrist, Hien Huynh, Phoenicia Pettyjohn, Karla Quintero, and also Galicia Heap Lozano, Of Iron and also Diamonds V3: Alone With each other, choreography by Catherine Galasso, in partnership with the professional dancers, ODC Movie theater, San Francisco
- Anne Bluethenthal, Richelle Donigan, Laura Elaine Ellis, Joanna Haigood, Dominique Hargrove, Courtney Hope, Rebecca Johnson, Courtney King, Joan Lazarus, Sue Li Jue, Elvia Marta, Priscilla Regalado, Jane Schnorrenberg, Frances Sedayao, and also Nina Wu, Spirit and also Bones, choreography by Sarah Shrub, Sarah Shrub Dancing Job, Taube Room Movie Theater, Battle Memorial Veterans Structure, San Francisco
- Sarah Chenoweth, Kara Davis, Chinchin Hsu, Rogelio Lopez, Manny Mendoza, Andrew Merrell, Julianna Monin, Danny Nguyen, Annamaria Santos, Nol Simonse, Tashanay Spain, Shaunna Vella, Jared Wiltse, and also Leesha Zieber, Lipstick Lumberjacks, Losers and also Leapfrogs: “an evening of theatrical pas de deux,” choreography by Shauna Vella and also Andrew Merrell, The Humanist Hall, Oakland
- Garrett + Moulton Productions, Gojubi, choreography by Janice Garrett, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts, San Francisco
- Samudra Dancing Creations, The Planet Speaks, choreography by Jyotsna Vaidee, Cowell Movie Theater, San Francisco
Superior Success in Music/Sound/Text
- Nkeiruka Oruche, Monica Hastings-Smith, and also Afro Urban Culture (songs), Attaching the Concrete to the Dirt, choreography by Saabirah Faatimah, Nkeiruka Oruche, Tossie Long, and also Kanukai Chigamba, San Francisco Ethnic Dancing Event, Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley
- Marlon Aldana (percussion), Joseph Churchill (percussion), Jorge Liceaga (flamenco guitar), Angel Yoel Mulen-Robert (vocals), Clara Rodriguez (vocals), and also Robert Woods-LaDue (percussion) (songs), Del Flamenco a la Rumba, choreography by Carola Zertuche and also Denmis Bain Savigne, Ará Irawó and also Theater Flamenco of San Francisco CubaCaribe Event, Dancing Objective Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Robert Moses and also Renee Gregory (message), The Incredibly Senior Obese Black Male Phoenix metro, choreography by Robert Moses, Robert Moses’ Kin, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts Online Forum, San Francisco
- Vicki Randle (composer/music supervisor), Denise Woodward (audio style), and also Miss the Needle (songs), Spirit & Bones, choreography by Sarah Shrub, Sarah Shrub Dancing Job, Taube Room Movie Theater, Battle Memorial Veterans Structure, San Francisco
- Aviva Rose-Williams and also Molly Rose-Williams ( message), Mind the Void, choreography by Aviva Rose-Williams and also Molly Rose-Williams, Kinetic Arts Facility, Oakland and also The Rich, Oakland
- The Uneven Jades (songs), Globe’s ablaze, choreography by Kate Weare, ODC/Dance, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts Movie Theater, San Francisco
Superior Success in Visual Layout
- Jack Beuttler (lighting style) and also Sean Riley (established style), The Wait Area: Component Among the Decarceration Trilogy, choreography by Jo Kreiter, in partnership with the professional dancers, Flyaway Productions, East Bay Facility for the Doing Arts, Richmond
- Alexa Burrell and also Lena Gatchalian (video clip) and also Harry Rubeck and also Jaco Strydom (installment), Wrong Palabras II: The Butterfly Result, choreography by Krissy Keefer, Dancing Brigade, D.I.R.T. (Dancing in Rebellion( ing) Times) Event, Dancing Objective Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Mood Fischbeck (concept/direction) and also Beth Hersh (lighting style), Sundown, a dancing for the time when the light is fading, choreography by Mood Fischbeck, Mood Fischbeck Dancing, Joe Goode Annex, San Francisco
- Kinetech Arts and also Weidong Yang (heart displays), Powerful Regularities, choreography by Daiane Lopes da Silva, in partnership with the professional dancers, Kinetech Arts, Kinetech Arts, Strolling Tall Event, ODC Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Hushidar Mortezale and also Saba Taj (outfit and also visuals) and also Anum Awan and also MACROWAVES (Video Clip and also established style), Tomorrow We Acquire the Planet: The Queer Intifada, choreography by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and also jose e abad, CounterPulse, San Francisco
- Olivia Ting and also Lenora Lee (media style), Underneath the surface area choreography by Lenora Lee, in partnership with entertainers, Lenora Lee Dancing, YMCA of San Francisco San Francisco
Superior Success in Restaging/ Rebirth/ Repair
- Jessie Egber, Brian Fisher, Brandon Freeman, and also Katherine Wells, restaging of Concerto Grosso (2000), choreography by Mark Foehringer, Mark Foehringer Dancing Job, Cowell Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Virginia Matthews, restaging and also resurgence of passages from 50 years of dancing and also choreography for Coming close to 70– 50 Years of a Life in Dancing, choreography by Virginia Matthews, Dancing Objective Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Charles Moulton, resurgence of Sphere Death (1979), choreography Charles Moulton, Garrett + Moulton Productions, Yerba Buena Facility for the Arts Movie Theater, San Francisco
- Nancy Raff, restaging of Shostakovich Trilogy (2013), choreography by Alexei Ratmansky, San Francisco Dancing, Battle Memorial Concert Hall, San Francisco
Unique Success Honor for Superior Manufacturing Guest Of Honor
- Pachuquismo, choreography by Vanessa Sanchez, La Mezcla, Dancing Objective Movie Theater, San Francisco, for its special informing of the tale of Las Pachucas in the 1940 s making use of faucet dance and also boy jarocho songs.
Unique Success Honor Guest Of Honors
- Sandra Chinn, for her dedication to and also quality in the training, mentor, motivating, and also encouraging professional dancers throughout the dancing neighborhood.
- Kary Schulman, for her devotion to the arts neighborhood with the San Francisco’s Grants for the Arts, and also her phenomenal management of San Francisco’s age-old financing framework and also unyielding dedication to quality and also kindness at the helm of this essential organization.
Continual Success Honor Guest Of Honors
- Black Choreographers Event, for generating efficiencies, online forums, and also academic chances which have actually motivated comparable dancing events acknowledging and also advertising the payments of African American musicians.
- Ensambles Dancing Folklórico de San Francisco, for 25 years of sharing, advertising, informing, and also proceeding among the wealthiest symptoms of custom and also society in Mexican folkloric dancing.
- Joe Landini, for twelve years of specialized job establishing and also executing the SAFEhouse Arts’ Citizen Musician Workshop (RAW) program for arising and also developed musicians by supplying practice session and also efficiency area and also mentorship. RAW has actually supplied over 800 arts teams with sources and also chances for testing and also development.
- Carla Solution, for her 35 years of solution to the dancing neighborhood with Dance-A-Vision Amusement. Under her management, the company supplies dancing guideline for Bay Location young people, and also generates efficiencies, lecture presentations, and also choreography training for the community-at-large. Her specialized job has actually been the motivation for lots of pupils to go after professions in the enjoyment area and also past.
Throughout each 12- month efficiency cycle, running September 1-August 31, the volunteer Izzies Board jointly sees over 400 qualified efficiencies. The last candidates and also guest of honors are chosen at a yearly ballot conference kept in September after the close of the watching cycle. Participant accounts and also checklists of previous candidates and also honor champions are readily available online at www.izzies-sf.org. The Izzies Board is sustained partially with gives, in-kind contributions, and also yearly providing by people. For added info, get in touch with: [email protected]
This post showed up in the Jan/Feb 2020 problem of In Dancing.