Intel releases official drivers for the Iris Xe GPU on its Rocket Lake CPUs
Intel has released the first official drivers for the Iris Xe GPU, which are included in the recently released 11th edition. The Rocket Lake generation of desktop processors is used. The Intel Rocket Lake series is the first desktop family to feature the all-new Iris Xe (Xe-LP) graphics architecture. And a few days after the launch, Intel released the first official driver for the Iris Xe GPUs.
An update for Iris Xe GPUs on Rocket Lake CPUs has been released in version 184.108.40.20616. The official driver has a download size of 426 MB. It is interesting to note that the driver’s date is the 3rd. The date given is March 2021.
The driver itself is technically no different from the already available Iris Xe GPUs previously present in mobile CPUs. It looks like Intel has added support for Rocket Lake processors to its existing driver set. This makes sense, as all Iris Xe chips are essentially based on the same Xe-LP GPU architecture.
Intel has also put release notes on the driver download page, which we quote below.
- Fixed a crash when running Outriders* on an Intel® Iris® Xe Max GPU.
- Improve Death Stranding load times* on the Intel® Iris® Xe platform.
- Improved stability of DaVinci Resolve* on Intel® Iris® Xe Max graphics cards
- Improved Death Stranding load times* on Intel® Iris® Xe graphics cards.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DEVELOPMENT
- Support for the new Zero Load Trace API.
- Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, which automatically checks for drivers periodically and can alert you when new drivers are available.
- This is the DCH pilot. Click for more information about DCH drivers
Supported OS versions
Reference to the operating system :
- Microsoft Windows® 10-64 – Drop Creators Update (1709)(RS3)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4).
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5).
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1).
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – November 2019 Update (1909)(19H2).
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2020 Update (2004)(20H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2020 Update (20H2).
Platform (OS support)
- Intel® Core™ 6th generation processor series. Generation (codename Skylake) (RS3+)
- Intel® Core™ 7th generation processor series. Generation (codenamed Kaby Lake) (RS3+).
- The eighth. Intel® Core™ processor family (codenamed Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake) (RS3+).
- Intel® Core™ 9th generation processor series. Generation (codenamed Coffee Lake R) (RS3+).
- Apollo Lake (RS3+)
- Amber Lake (RS3+)
- Gemini Lake (RS3+)
- Whiskey Lake (RS3+)
- Lake Comet (RS3+)
- Intel® Core™ 10th generation processor family. Generation (code name Ice Lake) (RS3+).
- Intel® Core™ processor with Intel® Hybrid Technology (codenamed Lakefield) (19H2+).
- Intel® Pentium® Processor family (codenamed Jasper Lake) (19H2+)
- Intel® Celeron® Processor Series (codenamed Jasper Lake) (19H2+)
- Intel® Core™ Processor 11 series (codenamed Tiger Lake) (19H2+).
- Intel® Iris® Xe Specialty graphics card Family (codename DG1) (20H1+)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor (code name Rocket Lake) Family 11 (20H2+)
Click here to go to the Intel Iris Xe driver download page.