In any case, while antivirus is there to protect your Windows 10 device in most situations, its functionality can get pretty annoying in others.
The best antivirus offers for you:
Imagine the following scenario: You want to use an external USB device, so you plug it in as usual, but strangely Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the USB device, or if it does, you can’t access it.
If this is the case, the problem may be caused by your antivirus software blocking the external USB device.
If the antivirus program blocks the USB device, follow the instructions below on how to re-enable USB access in the built-in antivirus settings.
I have tried to describe the steps for the most common antivirus software, although similar procedures can be followed for almost any other security software not listed below.
How can I prevent Antivirus from blocking USB devices?
1. Prevent ESET Internet Security from blocking USB devices
- Disconnect the USB device.
- Open ESET Internet Security.
- Disable firewall and real-time protection.
- Enable and disable real-time system protection.
- Reconnect the USB device.
- Check if the problem is solved.
ESET Internet Security
ESET Internet Security protects your computer from online threats and removes malware from your operating system.
- Connect the USB device to the computer.
- Start Avast on your computer.
- In the left pane of Avast, click the Protection button and select Antivirus.
- Select Other scanning and select USB/DVD scanning.
- Now configure how the analysis is performed and select whether an analysis is required or not.
- Hopefully you can now reactivate the USB device that was previously blocked by your antivirus program.
⇒ Get Avast Free Antivirus
3. Avira blocks the automatic execution on the USB hard disk
- Start by disconnecting the USB device from the computer.
- Restart your Windows 10 device.
- Reconnect the USB device to the computer.
- Avira asks you what to do next – select Allow from the drop-down list and check the option Always do this for this device.
- Click OK and save your changes.
⇒ Get Avira Antivirus
4. Bitdefender bypassUSB block
- Open Bitdefender.
- From the main Bitdefender Management console, go to Policies and select the Create new policy option on the left hand side.
- Double-click on Scan Device.
- Now select how the new or existing USB connection should be handled by your antivirus in this window.
You can also add exceptions for a specific USB device if you know that the data stored on it is reliable. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start Bitdefender and select Protection.
- Click on Show properties.
- Go to Settings and click on Exceptions.
- Similarly, you can add a network exception and manage what should happen to other devices connected to your Windows 10 device.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
In other words: Bitdefender has excellent features that allow you to choose how USB devices are treated by the antivirus program when a new USB connection is detected.
This source proved very useful for our research. Learn more about , how to bypass symantec usb block and tell us what you think.
Feedback,how to bypass symantec usb blockusb port disable and enable softwarehow to enable usb port in windows 10 using command promptbypass usb block group policyhow to enable usb port blocked by administratorhow to enable usb ports without keyboard and mouse,People also search for,how to enable usb port blocked by administrator,how to enable usb ports without keyboard and mouse,how to enable usb port in windows 7 blocked by administrator,how to bypass symantec usb block,how to enable usb blocked by group policy windows 10,usb port disable and enable software,how to enable usb port in windows 10 using command prompt,bypass usb block group policy