How many times have you thought it would still be better with a PS3 or PS4 controller on your phone? Our tutorial explains how to use your favorite controller on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Play on Android with your PS3 controller!
If you’re an Android gamer and want an efficient controller to play with, there are many solutions. One of them is play with your PlayStation controller on your Androidsmartphone or tablet. With this tutorial, you will be able to play wirelessly via Bluetooth with the PlayStation controller.
If you have a Sonysmartphone, you won’t need this one. Indeed, the integration of these controllers is an integral part of the Japanese manufacturer’s ecosystem, whether wired or wireless.
You can also know that you can play wired in a few seconds thanks to your controller. To do this, all you need is a OTGcable (micro USB to USB), sold for a few parts on online stores. If you wish to play wirelessly, however, you will need to follow this tutorial.
- You must have a smartphone or tablet running Android 2.2 or higher.
- Your device must be root. If not, you can do it easily with Towelroot or something else.
- You must have a PS3 or PS4 controller with its mini USB charging cable.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device.
- Download the Sixaxis Compatibility Checker application to find out if your smartphone or tablet is compatible. Warning: your terminal must be root for this to work.
- Download Sixaxis Pair Tool on your PC (free), then validate the different steps of the installation until it looks for a controller.
- Connect the PS3 Sixaxis Controller to the PC with the USB cable. You will see a series of numbers on the software that correspond to the MAC address of the PS3.
- To replace this MAC address with the address of your smartphone or tablet, launch the Android Sixaxis Controler application, click on “Start“, you will then see your “Local Bluetooth Address” displayed at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- Copy it in the only field available on the PC software, then click on ” Update“.
- Download now the Sixaxis Controller application on your Android. It costs 1.94 euro but will allow you to use a PlayStation pad as an Android gamepad and more.
Google Play Store’ class=’wp-image-13031′ data-lazy-src=’https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/google-play-store-7.jpeg’ height=’69’ src=’data:image/svg+xml,%3Csvg%20xmlns=’http://www.w3.org/2000/svg’%20viewBox=’0%200%20187%2069’%3E%3C/svg%3E’ width=’187’>
- Unplug the PS3 controller from your computer, press the central round of the controller, then press the button “Start” of the Sixaxis Controller you have just downloaded (Don’t forget to activate Bluetooth).
- The light on the controller should come on. Up to 4 pads can be connected.
- Your controller is now well connected to your terminal! If you want to disconnect it, press the ” Stop” button on the application.
In the latest versions of the Sixaxis Controller, in addition to the support for PlayStation 4 controllers that no one will have missed, there is a setting for to make the pad look like an official gamepad for Android. With this small feature, most games now work natively with a wireless controller.
- See also : How to use PS4 Remote Play on all Android devices!
Let’s face it, this advance saves us a lot of trouble. Everything is perfectly functional here, with in our example the inevitable Dead Trigger 2 which acquires a new dimension via this game mode.
- Start Sixaxis Controller.
- Go to the application settings.
- Go to “Gamepad Settings“.
- Check “Enable Gamepad“.
- Launch Dead Trigger 2 (available for free on the Play Store).
- The game should immediately recognize thecontroller, as you can see in the next certified snapshot without any settings other than this tutorial.
You can now play your Android games with your PlayStation 3 Sixaxis or PlayStation 4controller! While this works very well on some games, they are not all compatible. If you want to complete the range of the perfect Android gamer, the GameKlip should interest you. Have a good game!