India has become a popular destination for software engineers and other IT professionals, particularly in recent years. Rising salaries and the government’s push to boost the local IT industry have attracted many aspiring engineering students to the country. But, with the government recently increasing the minimum educational qualifications required to become an engineering student in the country, aspiring engineers will now have to undergo a rigorous screening process before they are allowed to graduate from college.
Investing in higher education is a good way to ensure a secure future. In India, it is guaranteed by the Constitution. But a lot of students fail to avail the benefits of the Right to Education, and get stuck in the job market. This, in turn, makes it difficult for them to invest in higher education and also impossible for them to save for the future.
Become Robotics engineer in India is a challenging field however it can be made interesting by making use of the latest technologies and learning techniques. Robotics is an exciting area of study with a lot of opportunities, but mostly in developed countries because of the huge money in the industry.
Who is a robotics technician?
A robotics engineer is a qualified person who deals with the development, control, operation and design of robotic systems. These professionals are also known as systems engineers and robotics test engineers. However, these professionals are trained to develop an integrated environment between robots and humans. Candidates with an interest in advanced technology and a creative mind can opt for this career. The main advantage of this profession is that it offers various specializations in a relevant field. Let’s take an example: A robotics engineer can acquire various specializations such as robot design, robot system design, robot test design, automated test design and robot programming.
Selection criteria for the position of robotics engineer
Being a robotics engineer may sound interesting, but it requires several qualities. Those who want to become robotics engineers must meet the following qualification criteria: -. Courses for students : (Bachelor of Science in Robotics)
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 exam are eligible for the robotics course.
- Candidates must score at least 55% on the qualifying exams.
Bachelor’s degree in robotics engineering :
- Students have to take the 10+2 exam with PKM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) from a recognized board and make their decision. English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates must achieve at least 50% in class 12.
Master of Engineering in Robotics :
- A candidate who has completed B.Tech/ BE in Computer Science and Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics/ Instrumentation and Control/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a recognized university can apply for the M.Tech course in Robotics.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative score of 60%.
Master of Science in Robotics :
- The MS in Robotics is a multi-faceted degree that offers specialization in several areas of robotics. This program includes computer engineering, mathematical modeling, mechanical design, and control engineering.
- This course gives you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in the area you wish to acquire.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree for a master’s degree in robotics.
Other courses : To become a robotics engineer, the aspirant has to take various specialized courses in robotics engineering such as robot motion, planning, design and control of robots, medical robotics, micro robotics, automation, etc. In addition to their academic knowledge, candidates should have computer programming skills such as CAD or CAM (computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing).
List of best entrance exams for robotics:
To be admitted to the bachelor and master programs in robotics, you must pass the corresponding entrance exams. Every year, several entrance exams are held for robotics engineering courses. Some universities organize their own entrance exams, while others grant admission through a national or state entrance exam. The list of the best entrance exams is as follows
- JEE Main and JEE Advanced – Joint entrance exam (Main and Advanced)
- BITSAT – Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- LPU – NEST – Lovely Professional University – National Admission Test and Scholarship Test
- AUEET – Andhra University Entrance Examination in Engineering
- WBJEE – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
- GEEE – Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination
- GATE – Test of Graduate Aptitude for Engineering
- SITEEE – Symbiosis Institute of Technology Entrance Examination
- IPU CET – Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- UPSET – Uttar Pradesh Entrance Examination
- UPE SEAT – University of Petroleum and Energy Engineering – Aptitude Test
- BCECE – Bihar Joint Entrance Competitive Examination
- MHT CET – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
- UK SEE – Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination etc.
The above mentioned entrance exams are state and national exams conducted by the universities and states. For more information, visit the official websites of the various colleges or universities.
As you know, engineering is a very broad field. Like other engineering majors, robotics engineering has specialties that candidates can study. The following is a list of specific areas of robotics.
- Medical robotics
- Digital electronics and microprocessors
- Construction and control
- Manipulating robot
- Signal processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Air traffic control systems
- Automated production
- Computational geometry
- Robotic motion planning
- computer-integrated production system
- Course Mechatronics
- Manipulating robot
Topics and issues in robotics engineering Course:
The robotics technology course is a fusion of several disciplines. Basic topics to cover before taking a robotics course. You can view the full list of important topics here.
- A de-mining robot: Integrated Robot Control
- I/O interface and PWM amplifier
- Drives and actuators
- A de-mining robot: Controller software and sensor inputs
- Control parts
- Operating software – 1
- Management software – 2
- Sensors – 1
- A de-mining robot: Introduction to basic sensor operation
- Plan a strategy to accomplish the unlocking task
- Kinematics – 1
- Telerobotics and virtual reality
- A demining robot: refining the cleaning process
- Static, energy methods
- Hybrid positioning and force control
- Rescue robot: Phase B – Implementation of the prototype (continued)
- Dynamics – 1
- Rescue robot: Phase C – System integration
- Calculated torque control
- robots with long legs, arms with multiple fingers
- Kinematics – 2
- Differential movement – 1
- Differential movement – 2
- Differential movement – 1
- Differential movement – 2
- Compliance, end-effector design
- Sensors – 2
- robots with long legs, arms with multiple fingers
- Non-holonomic systems
- Dynamic -2
Core topics for a robotics engineering course:
- Traffic planning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automatic learning
- computer vision
- Computer programming for robotics
Top colleges/universities/institutes offering robotics courses
In recent years, Indians have been at the forefront of engineering, especially robotics. Several colleges in India offer a wide range of robotics training. They prepared their students to solve concrete problems in their respective fields of work. Below is a list of the top universities.
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur
This popular institute offers master and doctoral programs in robotics. The institute focuses on the technical skills of the candidates and provides them with in-depth knowledge of robotics related to designing, controlling, testing and implementing robotics. In addition, candidates are prepared to understand the electrical equipment and integrated mechanical equipment of robotics.
- Indian Institute of Science – Bangalore
The advantage of this institute is that it offers several robotics programs such as Dynamics and Control of Intelligent Materials, Design of Cyber-Physical Systems and Fundamentals of Robotics. IISc mainly focuses on the development of engineers by offering them different solutions in the field of robotics and mechanical technology. Candidates will work with smart and clever materials during the training.
- BITS Pilani – Pilani
BITS Pilani offers a wide range of robotics courses, such as mechanics and robotics, mechatronics and automation, etc. BITS Pilani is approved by the Center for Robotics and Intelligent Systems for robotics training. It also offers other advanced degrees, integrated courses and doctoral programs in robotics.
- Jadavpur University – Kolkata
Jadavpur University offers M.Tech course in intelligence automation and robotics in Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. The course provides an in-depth understanding of mathematical principles, automation and engineering theories. In addition, the institute is interested in cognitive technologies and the implementation of creative robotic systems.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology – Allahabad
The institute offers three core programs in robotics – M.Tech in Robotics, M.Tech – Ph.D. Dual Degree in Robotics and Integrated M.Tech in Robotics. This institute provides in-depth knowledge in computational intelligence, mathematics, knowledge formulation, data mining and humanoid robots. During the course, candidates will acquire a basic knowledge of computer programming, communication technologies, graphics and algorithmic techniques. On the other hand, the institute is associated with leading companies that offer jobs to professionals.
- Manipal Institute of Technology – Manipal
In this institute students can opt for M.tech course in Industrial Automation and Robotics. The institute imparts conceptual knowledge and prepares students for practical work. The best asset of Manipal Institute is its excellent infrastructure that enables the necessary hands-on activities in the laboratories. It also offers advanced laboratory equipment such as sensors and actuators, microcontrollers, hydraulics and pneumatics, and programmable logic controllers. In addition, candidates should have knowledge of robot dynamics and kinematics, motion and control, simulation and modeling of robots, etc.
- Vishwanath Karad MIT University of World Peace – Pune
As part of the Mechanical Engineering Department, VPU offers a B.Tech course in Mechanical Robotics and Automation. The aim of the institute is to prepare candidates for the construction, operation, design and application of robotic technology. The institute is known for its training system where students can acquire technical skills in robotics. Under the guidance of experts, candidates learn to analyze and optimize robots and other advanced mechanisms.
- Lovely Vocational University – Phagwara, India
Through BN-Hitech Mechanics, LPU offers three core courses in robotics – B.Tech in Robotics and Automation, B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics and M.Tech in Robotics. During the program, interested parties can learn more about thermal specialization, robot manufacturing and the design of new robots.
- Amiti University – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Amity University offers a B.Tech degree program in robotics that includes knowledge of electrical engineering and applied mathematics. The course prospectus provides an in-depth study of autonomous robot systems and robot perception. The graduates of this institute get the desired job after completing the course.
- SRM College of Engineering – Kanchipuram
This school offers three major courses in the direction of robotics: M.Tech in Mechatronics Technology, B.Tech in Mechatronics Technology and Robotics and M.Tech in Robotics. With the help of tutors, candidates can explore a variety of topics including. B. Intelligent mechatronic systems, industrial automation, vision-controlled robots and others.
Various professional roles for the robotics engineer
A robotics engineer can perform a variety of tasks, such as. B. Robotics programmer, robotics design engineer, robotics systems engineer and robotics test engineer.
- Robot Design Engineer – A robot design engineer is a skilled professional who designs various elements of robot infrastructure using state-of-the-art hardware and software.
- Robotics Programmers – These professionals are trained in robotics to design, operate and execute various business processes in their field.
- Robotics Test Engineer – A robotics test engineer is a professional trained in designing and building automated systems. A robotics test engineer can verify that they are safe for customers.
- Automated Product Design Engineer – The primary role of the Automated Product Design Engineer is to create automated products and deliver them according to customer requirements. They are responsible for inventing reliable automation systems.
Large recruitment organisations or companies
A robotics engineer may seek employment with the following companies.
- Indian space research organisations
- Precision Automation and Robotics Indian Limited
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
- Defence Research and Development Organisation
Wage packages and future scales
The demand for robotics engineers is increasing, infectious disease specialists can become scientists or find work at IITs. There is no doubt that professionals in robotics enjoy lucrative salary packages and a wide range of employment opportunities around the world. The average salary for a robotics systems engineer ranges from $50,000 to $1,50,000 per month. This may vary depending on job prospects and experience. Professionals are therefore encouraged to work harder and to sharpen their skills in their field of activity in order to continue to develop.India is one of the most popular destinations for people looking to pursue a career in software development. Why? Because of our large pool of engineers and the fact that we do not require any extra qualifications. You can easily become a software engineer in India. It is a very lucrative job and you will get good salary. The job profile is presented below.. Read more about robotics engineering jobs and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a robotics engineer?
If you are interested in robotics, but don’t know where to start, here are some suggestions. The field has a wide variety of job titles, and to land a robotics job, you don’t have to be an expert in the field, you just have to show that you have the ability to learn quickly, the drive to learn new things, and the ability to think critically. You can be a Robotics Engineer in India, but only if you are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required. You will need to start by learning the basics. You need to learn the basics of engineering, physics, logic, mathematics, design and programming. You will then need to learn how to use CAD and CAM software. You will then need to learn programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python, etc. You will also need to learn about Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
How can I become a robotics engineer after 12th?
If you want to become a robotics engineer, the first step is to make sure you are in the right industry. Robotics engineers work in a wide range of industries. That said, there are several reasons why a business would want to hire a robotics engineer. They typically do not need any special degree for entry-level positions. You can hope to move into managerial positions with experience, so there is a high degree of mobility. And robotics engineers often have good salary prospects. Interested in becoming a robotics engineer? Sounds like you’re probably a fan of the science ficition TV show, “The Expanse”, if so, congratulations. A robotics engineer works in the field of robotics, researching, designing, and developing robots for a number of applications.
What education is needed to become a robotics engineer?
In this tutorial, we will discuss about what education is needed to become a robotics engineer? when it comes to Education and training about Robotics Engineers. Most of the Robotics companies try to hire the Robotics engineer from the college or bachelor in mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering This blog is a section of verifiedtasks.com, where we are posting English jobs in Robotics and other machine learning fields. We are recruiting people to work with us in Robotics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. We have selected Robotics engineers as the primary job seekers in the recent time in India and this has increased the demand of these engineers in all over the world.
Feedback,salary of robotics engineer in indiarobotics engineer salaryrobotics engineering in indiarobotics engineering eligibilityrobotics engineering coursesrobotics engineering jobs,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed U…,SRM Easwari Engineeri…,College of Engineering Osmania…,Carnegie Mellon University,Indian Institute of Science,Worcester Polytechnic Institute,See more,PSG College Of Technology,Massachu… Institute of Technology,University of Pennsylva…,Manipal Institute of Technology,Georgia Institute of Technology,Fundamen… of Robotics Engineering,Arduino Cookbook: Recipes to…,Springer Handbook of Robotics,Probabilistic Robotics,Wired for War,Robotics, Vision and Control: F…,robotics engineering eligibility,is robotics engineering hard,robotics engineering courses,robotics engineering jobs,robotics and automation engineering syllabus,subjects required for robotics engineering in high school,robotics engineering scope in india,robotics engineering degree