It doesn’t take much to become a computer programmer. You must have the right skills and know the programming language used in the industry. C++ used to be taught in schools in 10+2, but to be fair, this language is considered part of the legacy system. Most companies use Java or Python for application development. There are many different areas within this area itself. This includes web development, software development, production support and more.
No matter what field you work in, the requirements and the way to achieve the goal remain the same. The developer is responsible for designing the components, writing the code, testing the code, debugging the code and maintaining the code. The code is intended to help the developer or company achieve a specific goal. The demand for computer programmers is increasing, so you have a great opportunity to work in this field. If you also want to become a programmer, you’re in the right place. On this page we have collected some tips to help you succeed in your career as a computer developer.
The right to become a programmer
Before you start preparing for a course, you need to be clear about whether or not you qualify for that course. In this section of the page, we have listed the detailed eligibility criteria to become a programmer. Take a look at the articles below.
- You must have completed 10+2 to get the job. The articles don’t matter, because you can enter the field with a 10+2 science and a 10+2 commercial studies degree.
- It is very important that you score at least 60% in the 10+2 exam as this will help you get enrolled. Some organizations also hire candidates who have scored at least 60% on the 10+2 exam.
- You will need to learn a programming language, such as Java, PHP, Python, R or any other language that interests you.
- Before you get a job, it is best to do an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- There is no minimum age, but most colleges require you to be at least 17 before you can be admitted. The maximum age can be up to 40 years.
- Certain skills are also required, as follows
- Knowledge of programming language
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of technical writing
- Good English and communication skills
- Time management skills
- attention to detail
- Time management skills
Programming status Course
The next important thing about becoming a programmer is the courses you can take to become one. There are at least 3 or 4 options that lead to the same goal. Check out the courses below.
- The BCA is the first degree you can earn, a Bachelor in Computer Applications. Popular with business administration students, this course teaches the fundamentals of programming. You can get a job as a computer programmer after completing your ACO. Many have also combined it with the MCA because it is so easy to find a job after two courses. Many companies are hiring BCA graduates, and you can try it too. The duration of the training is three years.
- B.Tech/B.E. – The most popular option to become a computer programmer is to follow the B.Tech route. Many students choose this course and obtain the label of engineer. Moreover, most technology companies prefer to hire B.Tech candidates for various reasons. During the training in B.Tech, the candidate is taught in detail about development, computer architecture and other things. This gives an advantage to B.Tech. candidates. You can also graduate and become a programmer. The duration of the training is four years.
- Certification Courses – Knowledge is not limited to one course. Online platforms like Coursera and Udemy offer many courses to help you learn the programming language. You can take these courses with little or no knowledge of application development. Certification courses remain a popular option, and they are also very affordable. This is one of the best possible solutions if you want to work as a freelancer. The only problem is that few companies are interested in hiring a computer programmer who has taken a certification course. The duration of the course depends on the learning pace.
- MCA – The next option on our list is Computer Application Wizards. Many people prefer MCA to BCA, and it is also a popular choice. You can choose the MCA and get your degree. This will increase your chances of finding a job. Choose MCA and we are sure you will have a promising career as a programmer. The duration of the training is two years.
- Diploma courses – The next option available to you is diploma courses. These options are not very popular, but people still choose to study. You can explore your options, but we recommend choosing BCA + MCA or B.Tech.
Also read : MCA Vs M.Tech: What’s best for you?
Approval process of programmer status
So we discussed the courses you can take to become a programmer. In this section you will also find the procedures for enrolling in these courses. In this section you can go through the admission process.
- BCA & MCA – Admission to BCA & MCA is on the basis of merit and entrance examination. For colleges that offer merit-based admission, you must apply for admission. An exclusion list has been drawn up and if you meet the conditions, you may be admitted after a personal interview. For colleges that administer entrance exams, you must take entrance exams and achieve a score equal to the cut-off score. You then have to go through GD and PI to secure your access.
- B.Tech – You can keep yourself informed about B.Tech’s admissions process. For admission to B.Tech, you must have a 10+2 science stream with PCM as compulsory subjects. Admission to the B.Tech course is based on an entrance test such as JEE. Some colleges also have entrance exams. Candidates must pass these tests and are admitted through a personal interview. Note that to become a programmer, you must major in computer science at B.Tech.
- Certification Courses – There are no specific requirements for certification courses. You can consult the admission criteria on the online platform. For most courses, all you need is a computer with internet access. You can then choose the course that seems most useful to you. You can then register for the course by paying the course fee and continuing your studies.
Employment opportunities for programmers
When choosing a field of study, you should also consider the scope of your career choice. You need to make sure that you are making the right career choice and that you are thinking about the long term. Talk about career opportunities as a programmer: It all depends on your productivity. They must continue to learn and acquire new skills. In addition, you should be able to present yourself better. Another factor in the prospect of a career in programming is the extra effort you have to put in to keep abreast of new technologies. All of these things help you stay at the top of the pyramid in a big way.
Before we conclude this article, let’s talk about the salary scale for programmers. Work will be difficult when you’re young. You can earn around 3 lakh only if you are not from an elite institute. The salary of a young graduate from a premier institute like IIT would be much higher. After two years of service, your salary is more than Rs 7 LPA. It depends on your career path, and you can do this through an assessment or by changing jobs. At the intermediate level, where you have more than five years of experience, you can earn between Rs 8 lakh LPA and Rs 20 lakh LPA. At this level, you can even get a job as a project manager, architect or other popular specialization in organizations.
If you pass the intermediate level and reach the top level, you can earn between Rs 15 LPA and Rs 50 LPA. There are many local opportunities through companies in India with which you can earn even more. You also need to keep yourself updated to stay in the industry for a long time. When you work as a freelancer, the package you earn depends on your skills, your communication and the projects you choose.
It was about becoming a programmer in India. You will find that there are many ways to enter this field. You can learn to program without a college degree, but most companies prefer programmers with a college degree. In this case, you can opt for courses like B.Tech, BCA and MCA. These courses will not only help you learn the basics of computer programming, but also increase your chances of finding a job. You can attend these courses at a reputed institute that also provides accommodation.
With your experience, you will gain more knowledge in this field and be able to be more effective in development. We have tried to cover all aspects of computer programmer training, but if you have any unanswered questions, you can send us a message in the comments section. We can help you get the expert advice you are looking for.
frequently asked questions
How to become a programmer
Career as in…
Is coding a good career in India?
… Work and career
How old do you have to be to become a programmer?
Features – Computer program…
Feedback,how to become a programmer after 12thprogrammer salary in indiahow to become a software engineerwhat career should i choose indiahow to choose a career in indiainformation about software developer,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to become a programmer after 12th,programmer salary in india,fastest way to become a software developer,how to become a software engineer,what career should i choose india,how to choose a career in india,information about software developer,how to learn coding from zero