GTA 6 is not even official yet and yet all the eyes of the fans of the saga are already turned towards it. However, information and rumours about it are already starting to appear on the web. Perhaps it’s time to take stock of everything we know about the future big production of Rockstar Games Prices, platforms, Release Date gameplay details, everything you need to know about GTA 6.
GTA 6 is, of course, one of the most eagerly awaited games by fans of the saga and Rockstar productions in general. For the moment at least, the American studio remains as silent as a grave about its next open-world game However, in mid-January 2020, a tax niche enjoyed by Rockstar Games suggested that the title had been in preparation for several years now. In this regularly updated dossier, you’ll find all the information, rumours and noise in the corridors about GTA 6, the future mastodon of Rockstar Games.
What is the release date of GTA 6?
Of course, no official release date has yet been announced for GTA 6. Nevertheless, several rumours and leaks on Reddit reveal a potential exit window. The most optimistic are talking about a launch for the Christmas holidays in 2021, while others are planning for spring 2022.
Some theories prefer to dwell on previous release schedules of Rockstar games. As our colleagues on the GamesRadar website point out, the studio has a habit of leaving exactly 22 months of beats between the official announcement of a game and its commercialization.
This was the case for GTA 4, announced on 10 May 2006 and released on 22 April 2008, as well as for GTA 5, announced on 3 November 2011, for a launch on 17 September 2013. In fact, some specialized analysts are also betting on this delay. In other words, as soon as GTA 6, was officially announced, it would take another 22 months before the game could be played.
According to a major leak published on Reddit (but since removed) by user JackOLantern1982, GTA 6 will be exclusively intended for next-generation consoles, namely the PS5 and Xbox Series X. In view of the potential release dates, the two machines from Sony and Microsoft will have begun to become more widely available and to enter the home. If GTA 6 is actually released at the end of 2021 or later, the Xbox Series X and PS5 will already be available for one year.
From a commercial point of view it is preferable to launch GTA 6 on an already sufficiently developed next-gen console park, in order to reach a maximum number of players. Alternatively, Rockstar may decide to release the game on bothold-gen (PS4 and Xbox One) andnew-gen (PS5 and xbox series X). In this situation, the studio could reach a very, very large number of players. No mention of a possible PC version is to be reported. But keep your fingers crossed. So far, all canonical episodes of GTA as well as Red Dead Redemption 2 have made their way to PC gamers. Only Red Dead Redemption first of the name has never been adapted.
Xbox Series X (left) and PS5 (right) will likely host GTA 6′ class=’wp-image-8726′ data-lazy-sizes='(max-width: 840px) 100vw, 840px’ data-lazy-src=’https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/the-xbox-series-x-left-and-ps5-right-will-like.jpeg’ data-lazy-srcset=’https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/the-xbox-series-x-left-and-ps5-right-will-like.jpeg 840w, https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/the-xbox-series-x-left-and-ps5-right-will-like-300×188.jpeg 300w, https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/the-xbox-series-x-left-and-ps5-right-will-like-768×480.jpeg 768w, https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/the-xbox-series-x-left-and-ps5-right-will-like-696×435.jpeg 696w, https://verifiedtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/the-xbox-series-x-left-and-ps5-right-will-like-672×420.jpeg 672w’ height=’525′ src=’data:image/svg+xml,%3Csvg%20xmlns=’http://www.w3.org/2000/svg’%20viewBox=’0%200%20840%20525’%3E%3C/svg%3E’ width=’840’>
The Xbox Series X (left) and PS5 (right) will probably host GTA 6
At the moment, GTA 6 is still not officialized so there is no information validated by Rockstar. However, a huge leak published on Reddit in June 2019 revealed a lot of information about the title, including precise details about the gameplay, the scenario, the game zone, and many other aspects. Let’s take a look at that information:
- GTA 6 would have been in production since 2012, but its development would have begun in 2015 by a small team from Rockstar WorldWide Production, with the majority of the forces from the various Rockstar studios working hard on Red Dead Redemption 2 and the follow-up to GTA Online.
- The code name of GTA 6 will be Project AMERICAS.
- GTA 6 would currently be the main Rockstar project, along with another new game (probably Bully 2).
- GTA 6 would invite players to take to the streets of Vice City once again, as well as a brand new city in Brazil, which would be a replica of today’s Rio de Janeiro Missions would also take place in Liberty City, the New York of GTA IV
- The game would take place in the 70s and 80s and the player would be led to embody a drug baron to become called Ricardo. The player started out as a simple henchman in the cocaine trade in Vice City, before moving up the ladder by developing partnerships with other drug sponsors.
- A gigantic prison in the style of Alcatraz would also be one of the game zones available.
- Martin Madrazo, head of a Mexican cartel and a well-known character in GTA 5 and GTA Online, may appear in the game in its early stages.
- The game would deal with social issues of the time such as the emergence of AIDS, communism, or tensions between the United States and Cuba, not forgetting the golden age of the Colombian cartels, led by Medellin and Pablo Escobar.
- The game’s storyline, characters and narrative structure would be largely inspired by the Netflix Narcos series and Quentin Tarantino’s films (the game would be played in chapter form).
The Netflix Narcos series is said to have particularly inspired the narration of GTA 6
- The gameplay would be a subtle balance between the arcade side of GTA 5 and the advanced realism of Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Weather cycles would be managed in real time, and the fact that part of the game takes place in Latin America would bring new effects (tornado, storm, monsoon period, etc.).
- GTA 6 takes place over several years, so vehicles, clothing style, and building architecture may change as the character evolves.
- The player’s personal vehicle would serve as a mini-hub, like the horse from Red Dead Redemption 2. Weapons would be stored in the trunk, and the player would not be able to carry more than two weapons (again as in RDR 2).
- An escalation system (reputation, money, business development opportunities) would also be integrated, such as what can be found on GTA Online.
- The player could have the choice between a female or male character. This idea was not ruled out by the Houser brothers, the founders of the Rockstar studios. Both men said “haven’t found the right game yet” in an interview for The Guardian in 2013.
Here is the main information brought by this leak on Reddit. Of course, all this is to be taken with enormous, even gigantic tweezers. Perhaps there is some truth in this great enumeration. As Jason Schreier of Kotaku says, “when a video game leak is a huge string of points, it’s not true. ».
Nevertheless, it should be noted that some items on this list are regularly highlighted by other leakers, starting with the Project AMERICAS codename, and the fact that the player can travel between the United States and Latin America. As mentioned above, this issue will be subject to change depending on statements and announcements from Rockstar, as well as future leaks and leaks concerning the much-anticipated GTA 6.
Source : GamesRadar & Reddit