such tool is Paessler’s PRTG Network Monitor, which monitors not only your traffic, but also the systems, devices, traffic and applications in your IT infrastructure.
⇒ Get the PRTG Network Monitor
3. Make sure you are logged in to the portal
When using a Wi-Fi connection, your connection may not have a private error. This problem usually occurs when you connect to a new Wi-Fi network that has a connection portal.
To resolve the issue, log into the portal and see if this resolves the issue. To access the portal, simply go to a website and enter your registration details. Then check if the problem is solved.
4. Using Incognito Mode
- To start incognito mode in Chrome, press the Menu button in the top right corner and select New incognito window from the menu.
- You can also just press Ctrl + Shift + N to open a new window incognito.
- Then check if the problem is solved. If the error does not appear when using incognito mode, it may be caused by one of your extensions.
5. Unplug your extension cords.
- Click on the Menu button in the top right corner and select More Tools and Extensions.
- To disable the extension, uncheck the Enabled box on the right. Repeat this step for all available increments.
- After disabling all extensions, check if the problem persists.
- Otherwise you will have to activate the extensions one by one until you find the cause of the problem.
- Once you find the extension causing the problem, update it and see if that fixes the problem.
- Otherwise, you need to remove this Chrome extension.
Several users have reported that the Rocket Tab extension is causing this problem on their computer. If you have this extension installed, we recommend disabling or removing it and see if this fixes the problem.
6. Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed.
- Press the Windows + I key to open the Settings application.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Click the Windows Update tab and then click the Check for Updates button.
- Windows 10 now checks for updates. When an update is available, Windows downloads and installs it automatically.
Your connection is not a private error that can occur due to a lack of system updates. Therefore, make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do I know your connection isn’t private?
We have an expert guide to solve the problem The connection is not private in Chrome.
- Why does Chrome keep saying your connection is not private?
If there are problems with SSL certificates in Chrome, you won’t get a personal login error. We have an excellent guide on how to correct errors related to SSL certificates.
- How can I make my communications private in Chrome?
To make your connection private in Chrome, try using incognito mode or clearing your cache.
- Why am I getting a privacy error in Google Chrome?
Normally this error message appears if your antivirus has HTTPS protection or another feature that scans SSL connections. Just turn off the function and the error will disappear.
Editor’s note: This article continues on the next page. Do you need more information? Visit our Browser Hub.
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in April 2017 and revised and updated to be current, accurate and complete in February 2021.
frequently asked questions
Why does Chrome keep saying your connection is not private?
The error message Your connection is not private – that’s exactly what it looks like. This is a message from your browser informing you that the connection is not secure. This means that if you don’t use antivirus or encryption, your device becomes a goldmine for hackers.
How do I set the connection to not be private in Chrome?
How do I correct the error Your connection is not private in Google …
How can I determine that your connection is not private?
Your connection is not private Android – how to solve this tutorial
your connection is not private chrome bypass, your connection is not private fix, your connection is not private error, your connection is not private attackers might be trying to steal your information, your connection is not private reddit, your connection is not private windows 7, your connection is not secure chrome, your connection is not private net::err_cert_authority_invalid