Example Internship Report

Example Internship Report

wagui26 wrote: 05/08/2008 at 15:32 PM

Default example Training report


hello

here they are all and in the title, I’m doing an internship in the company B-process where I’m integrating a java/j2ee

development team and there to write my internship report I’d like to have examples of interns who have already done their internship in the java domain, to get ideas.

I find it difficult to write my report knowing I’m a foreign student.

thank you in advance for your help

dorian833 wrote: 15/08/2008 at 14h33

Default


I’m not sure I can help you, but maybe you could tell us what you’re stuck on?

[EDITING]

In your report, you can (and must for certain elements) :

– Introduce the company

– The subject of your internship (development of a software in particular, study, …)

You say you’re part of a team, you’re working on the same subject?

If so, then you can:

– Introduce the team and each of their roles

– Your role

– The work done before your arrival if the project had already been started before your arrival.

– To say that the project was done with Java :

-> Obligation or choice

-> Some criteria of Java

– The libraries used (if it is the case) and if it was necessary to make a choice of library, compare the different solutions considered and the one chosen

– If you use technologies like 3D, …, you can make a quick presentation of the technology(ies) used.

After presenting the work you’ve done and a conclusion:

– What you have brought to the company

– What this internship has brought you

– If you are following a training course, what did the training bring you that was used during the internship?

That’s basically what you can put, after all, it depends on your internship and what your jury is expecting.

However, what is very important:

— Be very careful with the spelling (the best is to have it proofread by someone who is good at spelling) because if your report has a very good content but a lot of mistakes, there is a strong risk that the report will be less well noted (or even really less well noted)- Many companies would not like to see certain information (contracts with a particular group, source of the project, …)- Many companies would not like to see certain information (contracts with a particular group, source of the project, …) 1B10 – Many companies would not like to see certain information (contracts with a particular group, source of the project, …) 1B11 – Many companies would not like to see certain information (contracts with a particular group, source of the project, …) 1B12 – Many companies would not like to see certain information (contracts with a particular group, source of the project, …) 1B13 – Many companies would not like to see certain information (contracts with a particular group, source of the project, …)…) broadcast, you need to discuss this with your internship tutor or a manager of the company.

Well, that’s not an example I gave you, but I hope I helped you.

Paula2020 wrote: 30/09/2009 at 01:46am

Default thank you very much!


I have just read your advice Dorian833 , clear and efficient, thank you very much!

and thanks to Hedidams for the second site it’s a bit more detailed than the other two!

:ccool:

dourpil wrote: 27/10/2009 at 10h59am

Default


We have received these instructions for writing:

cover page

table of contents

introduction

1/ approach to the company

company name

products

organisation chart

levels of responsibility

participative structures

customer/supplier relations

2. perception of some company policies

quality policy

safety

environmental

social

activitiesorganisation chartrelations with other servicesrelations with other services

Part 2: approach to the project

1synthesis of the work carried out during the course

objectives

methodology adopted

difficulties encountered

achievements

2. comparison between expectations, results and reality

3. conclusion

Bibliographic References

Appendices

cryosore wrote: 02/04/2010 15:47 PM

Default


Good morning.

I’m also in your case (I’m in Bac+5 Architect software) and I’m writing a study for the diploma.

If you’re lost in writing I advise you to do it in stages and not to imagine all of a sudden what will be in it.

1 – At first do not think about memory:

Done 3 – 4 pages on a document to put RIGHT THE NEEDS.

This exercise will allow you to clarify your needs as much as possible by forcing you to detail them.

2 – Then you make 3-4 pages answering in parallel to your needs.

3 – Have your needs read by someone who is not at all into computers: the aim is that he understands by himself just by reading your document.

Have it read by a tutor or other to validate the subject and see if it is in line with your centre’s expectations.

4 – Make your real introduction where you must in 1 page – 1 page 1/2 make it understood:

– the environment where you work.

– the context of your mission where inside you must offer a vision of needs in 10 words MAXIMUM.

– a presentation of the chapters that will be covered.

At this point you must be able to synthesize the main information so that the reader can quickly read your page and know why you are studying and how you are doing it.

5 – You make the plan of your study at 2 levels with an estimation of the number of pages:

1 – Chapter (6 pages)

1 – 1 Sub-Chapter (4 pages)

1 – 1.1 theme (2 pages)

1 – 1.2 theme (2 pages)

Etc. ….

This point will force you to think about your memory in a structured and logically cut-out way.

6 – You carry out all the introductions and conclusions of each chapter to know if your approach is coherent.

7 – You have your structured skeleton, the ideas, the plan and everything is in order: You can have your management validate one last time and attack the editorial staff, being sure that you won’t go off the track.

Hopefully it’ll help.
;)

ok.Idriss wrote: 16/05/2010 at 15h30

Default


Hi.

Back home we do it more or less like this:

  1. Summary
  2. Acknowledgements (tutor(s), tutor(s))
  3. Presentation of the company
  4. Presentation of the theme of the internship (work to be done, problem posed, etc.)
  5. Analysis of the existing : How does it work? Hardware (dev server, etc.), tools (IDE, text editors, DBMS, etc.), libraries used, etc.
  6. Research and implementation of solutions (specifications + analysis and design diagrams + making references to annexes)
  7. Conclusion: Have we achieved the desired result? What were the personal benefits (from a learning perspective)?
  8. Appendices (excerpts from developed codes commented )


But then it depends on the requirements of your institution, your training, … Normally your training should give you the plan they require, right?

jeanjean6 wrote: 06/09/2011 at 12:24pm

Default


Good morning,

Let me bring up this post which is very interesting.

I’m currently writing my internship report like many of you I think, and the plans proposed here are really nice.

Good luck to you all.

titanic3d wrote: 27/04/2012 at 12:37pm

Default

part 1: company presentation

  • his I.D.*:
  • its corporate name
  • its geographical location
  • actual sound
  • its trade(s)
  • its 2006 turnover (possibly the 2007 forecast).
  • present the company’s activities in its environment


part 2*:

  • objective definition means implemented
  • suitable methodology
  • findings and analysis
  • recommendation

titanic3d wrote: 27/04/2012 at 12:55pm

Default


if you want there is also that which depends on a specific economic or marketing field and which I used to inspire me.

Acknowledgements

Contents

Introduction

I/ What changes for the company ?

1/ Developments

2/ The advantages and disadvantages of these developments

3/ The modifications made

B/ AN STILL PERFECTIVE SYSTEM

1/ The limits and negative aspects

2/ The technical problems encountered

3/ The immense success of this method

Conclusion

E-glossary

E-bibliography

Annexes

titanic3d wrote: 27/04/2012 at 1:01pm

Default


And the one answer I took from a site that I find very interesting:

Your internship report must contain :

Cover page of the internship report – 1 page

This page must contain:

– your surname, first name

– title (title or position) and type (internship, qualification contract, work-study… ) of your internship

– dates / period of internship.

– Name + company logo – Name + logo of your university or school or training course + postal addresses.

– The name of your training supervisor + job title.

– Any mention of confidentiality (whether or not required by the company according to the information contained in the report).

The Executive Summary (or Table of Contents) – 1 page

This is the outline of your report. Attention the most hurried readers will only read this page and the conclusion. Choose precisely the terms of your titles so that the structure and content of your report can be identified very quickly.

By reading your plan, it is already possible for teachers to judge your work; it reflects the problem you are going to develop, i.e. your analysis of the subject.

Number the parts, sections, paragraphs to ensure readability. Indicate the pagination in the plan

Acknowledgements – 1 page

Acknowledgements in the internship report are generally intended for your supervisor and one or two other people who played an important role in your internship. State the name and position of each person and the reason for your thanks. Thanks to my boss for her trust and respect of my weekly nap .
;)

Introduction: – 1 to 2 pages

Please specify here why you chose this internship, why you chose this position and why in this company or sector of activity. Present the company and the missions of your internship in a very global way.

Development – Sample plan

Here is an example of a plan that can be used for your internship report, be careful, the part presenting your missions and the balance sheet of your internship must be larger in volume than the part presenting the company and the sector. When you describe your missions, do not talk about your daily life in the company, but only about the major facts, the objectives, the methods and means used, the results obtained, the difficulties encountered, the solutions provided, the people you were in contact with, the stakes of the mission.

1. the company and its sector of activity 10 pages

11. the sector of activity

12. the company

2. my placement

21. the missions

22. the assessment

results obtained (assessment of the company tutor – productivity – time management)

difficulties encountered and solutions provided

teachings/appraisals of the placement (knowledge – skills)

Conclusion

The first part of the conclusion summarises the main conclusions of your internship report. But the conclusion also allows in a second part to question you on the continuation, on the future of the company, on the service, and to put in perspective your internship in your training and in your professional project.

Appendices / Bibliography

Place here the documents, reports on which you have worked that allow you to better illustrate the missions or contributions of the internship, the works that have brought you theories applicable during your internship. Please note that all documents placed in the appendix/bibliography must have been introduced during the development with reference to the appendix.

titanic3d wrote: 27/04/2012 at 1:04pm

Default


and the one other proposal:

Acknowledgements

Introduction

I) Presentation of the host company

1. Corporate identity form

2. History

3. General presentation of the company

4.

II) The internship

1. Purpose of the course

2. Proposed solutions

3. Work performed

4. Result and Analysis

Conclusion

Annexes

Patrycia wrote: 17/05/2012 at 7:20pm.

Default Memory plan order for EFP


Good morning,

The EFP must follow the following order:

– Cover page

– Blank page

– Probationary certificate

– Dedications (this section is not compulsory; it must not exceed one page)

– Acknowledgements (1 page maximum: do not omit to thank the members of the jury).

-Summary

-List of tables and/or diagrams

-List of abbreviations

-General Introduction (2 pages minimum)

-Chapters (3 chapters minimum)

-General Conclusion (2 pages minimum)

-Bibliography

-Annex(es) (if necessary)

-Table of Contents (must be detailed)

The EFP can therefore be organised in 3 or 4 main sections (chapters):

– 1st section : Diagnosis of the situation

– 2nd part : Theoretical treatment of problems (the concepts)

-3rd part : Analysis, results and recommendations.

You May Also Like