The relentless chase for a third Premier League title in four seasons continued after victory over Everton opened the door to a 10-point lead at the top of the standings.
Phil Foden hit a shot from the right and Pep Guardiola took the lead. Everton substitute Seamus Coleman scored when he passed Jordan Pickford.
A strongly playing Everton equalised five minutes later. Lucas Digne’s effort ricocheted off the post and hit Richarlison before flying over the line.
But Riyad Mahrez restored City’s lead with a stunning omelette from 18 yards before Bernardo Silva beat Pickford from the same distance in the dying moments.
With 14 games to go, City is in the lead after winning its 12th championship title. Two-digit league title.
The victory over Everton also made them the first team in the history of England’s elite to win their first ten games in a calendar year.
The ruthless city walks to title
This was the game against Manchester City after the opening game, which took place on the 28th. December 2020 was postponed after Guardiola’s team reported a number of cases of this coronavirus.
At the time, City were sixth in the standings, six points behind Liverpool, but thanks to their excellent form they are now well ahead of their pursuers.
They haven’t held on for a minute in their last 16 Premier League games and didn’t panic when Everton became the first team to do so since the third round. Janvier had scored a goal down the stretch.
The latter impressive performance was achieved without Ilkay Gündogan, who was in goal but suffered a groin injury.
It looked like things would return to normal when Foden equalized after a deflected shot from Coleman, who had been brought into the field shortly after Jerry Mina’s injury.
Richarlison’s equaliser only made the game worse for City, who scored another goal after the break to put Everton out of action.
Mahrez scored and Silva’s superb finish rounded off an entertaining evening for Guardiola’s side, who won for the first time since the 20th minute. Janvier is back on the field with Kevin de Bruyne after recovering from injury.
What’s the next step?
Everton travel to Liverpool for the Merseyside derby on Saturday (17.30 GMT), while Manchester City have an extra day to prepare for their away game at Arsenal on Sunday (16.30 GMT).
HelpHow to play
Bet on every 10 players during or after the game. The final whistle will be blown 30 minutes after the final whistle.
Evaluation Range Key1 = Give it10 = Pure Perfection
- 13MinChannel for Colemanate 18 minutes
- 17IwobiReplaced by Kingin in the 69th minute
- 16DucureStart at 28 min.
- 26DaviesResplacement of Rodriguezate 69’min
- 10G Sigurdsson
- 7RicharlisonBay in 45Minutes
- 21André Gomez
City of people
Formation of a 4-3-3
- 2 walkers
- 3Rouben Diaz
- 20Bernardo Silva
- 16RodriTreated for Fernandinhobei 90+1’min
- 9Gabriel Jesus
- 7SterlingIn the 80th minute, he came on as a substitute for Bruyne in the second minute.
- 5 stones
- 11 Zinchenko
- 17 De Bruyn
- 22 Mendy
- Game over, Everton 1, Manchester City 3.
- End of the second half, Everton 1, Manchester City 3.
- The attempt failed. Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) swings in a left footed dive from the centre of the box and misses with a left. Sponsored by Kevin de Bruyn.
- Change, Manchester City. Fernandinho replaces Rodrigo.
- Just around the corner in Manchester City. Departure of Lucas Digne.
- Change, Manchester City. Kevin de Bruyne replaces Raheem Sterling.
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) hits a free kick on the opponent’s half.
- Lucas Digne (Everton) is penalised after committing a foul.
- Phil Foden (Manchester City) is penalised after committing a foul.
- Abdoulaye Doucoure (Everton) hits a free kick in the opponent’s half.
- Goal! Everton One, Manchester City Three. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City) shoots with his left foot into the bottom left corner from outside the box. With the support of Gabriel Jesus.
- Ruben Diaz (Manchester City) is penalised after committing a foul.
- Richarlison (Everton) hits a free kick on the opponent’s half.
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) shoots his free kick on the left wing.
- Mason Holgate (Everton) is penalised after committing a foul.
- Substitution : Everton. James Rodriguez replaces Tom Davis.
- Substitution : Everton. Joshua King replaces Alex Iwobi.
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City) is penalised after committing a foul.
- Richarlison (Everton) takes a free kick on the left wing.
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) has been booked for a foul.
everton v man city last 5 results,everton vs man city rescheduled,everton vs man city 2020,everton vs man city 4-0,everton v man city on tv,crystal palace – leicester