Gerrard scored in England’s last match against Poland in October 2013.
|Location: A meeting with Wembley: Wednesday 31. Early March: 19:45 TSB|
|Cover: Radio 5 Live, text commentary on the sports site|
The 22-year-old midfielder was questioned after failing to show up for the warm-up before training on Tuesday.
He got through the rest of the session, so he should be fine, Southgate added.
Grzegorz Krychowiak from Poland, who tested positive for Covid-19 together with Kamil Piatkowski, was allowed to compete after his second test was negative.
Robert Lewandowski is injured, while Mateusz Klitsch and Lukasz Skorupski have already tested positive for Covid.
On Krychowiak’s availability, Poland coach Paulo Souza said: It’s a huge boost, with his quality and experience.
England are aiming for a third successive win in this qualifying round after victories over San Marino and Albania.
Chelsea Mount was in the starting line-up in both games and Southgate could call on him again in this important match for the national team
England start Group I with a two-point lead over Poland.
I’m not worried about Kane.
This is England’s last game before they take on Croatia in the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament on June 13.
There has been much speculation during international camp about the future of Three Lions captain Harry Kane The Tottenham striker has yet to win a major title with his club.
Southgate doesn’t expect Kane to be distracted by speculation, now that the European Championship is upon us anyway.
He is always focused on the next game, he is someone who can put absolutely everything aside, the England boss added.
I’m not worried about Harry Kane he’s a fantastic professional.
I have spoken to him and he is very positive about the club. He spoke about the proximity of the champions league and the League Cup final.
Kane, who scored in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Albania, will make his 53rd club appearance against Poland. English international.
Southgate has one of the best nationalteams
Poland travel to Wembley on Sunday after a 3-0 win over Andorra.
But the loss of Lewandowski, who scored two goals in that match and another in the final qualifying game, a 3-3 draw with Hungary, to a knee injury is a blow.
However, Southgate believes Poland are a team full of quality, despite the absence of Lewandowski.
From our point of view there will be players who are more than willing to take that opportunity, he said.
It’s a proud country and proud players. We have to keep up with the times.
Polish coach Souza has managerial experience in England and Wales at QPR, Swansea and Leicester.
We need to take care of the space between the lines and protect the space behind our defensive line.
- England have lost only one of their 19 matches against Poland (W11 D7), 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier in Chorzów in June 1973.
- The Three Lions have won their last seven home games against Poland since 1989.
- England take on Poland in the seventh match of the World Cup group stage, the biggest confrontation between the two nations in the history of European World Cup qualification.
- England have lost just one of their 49 World Cup/European Championship qualifying matches, 2-1 to the Czech Republic in October 2019. The Three Lions are unbeaten in 29 games at home (W26 D3) and have won their last 19 games.
- After three defeats in 2014 World Cup qualifying (including the one against England), Poland have lost just three of their next 32 matches in 2014 World Cup qualifying (W23 D6).
- Nick Pope has kept the zero in each of his six appearances for England and is the first Three Lions goalkeeper not to concede a goal in his first six international appearances.