D2R is a fantastic single player RPG that will have you hooked from the first level. However, one major drawback of D2R is its loading times which are sometimes painfully long. Here are some tips to improve your load time and get more out of D2R’s gameplay!
The “diablo 2 resurrected load times” is a game that has been around for over 20 years. It’s still popular to this day, and there are many tips to improve your load times and more.
With server troubles plague online play and more people opting for single player offline, here are some tried-and-true ways to reduce your load speeds on PC.
Here’s an example of how fast D2R Offline may load:
Using the “Framerate Cap” option under Options > Video, at any value, may increase your loading times for whatever reason. To turn off Framerate Cap, make sure the slider is all the way to the right, as seen below:
Set them up in this manner!
Depending on your unique hardware and the settings in your graphics card options, disabling vsync may also help.
Set the Framerate cap slider all the way to the left (8 fps cap) and join/exit a game numerous times to see whether framerate cap is increasing load times. You should observe very slow load times, which improve after framerate cap is disabled.
Start from a shortcut
By starting the game from a shortcut, you avoid having to update the game and, to some degree, connecting to the battle.net servers. It also means you won’t have to start the game via the Blizzard Launcher. Go here to make a shortcut to D2R.exe:
Diablo II ResurrectedD2R.exe C:Program Files (x86)
Create a shortcut to D2R.exe by right-clicking it and selecting “Create Shortcut.” Place it anywhere you want to start the game. It’s my desktop for me.
Option -ns (shortcut)
You may modify the way your game starts when you run it from a shortcut. The -ns option, for example, starts the game without sound. Depending on your hardware, adding this shortcut has been observed to reduce load speeds marginally to significantly. Right-click your newly generated shortcut, choose “properties,” and enter -ns here:
this should be included here
Advanced Tip #1 – Completely prevent D2R from connecting to Battle.net.
Even while playing offline, the game can periodically communicate in some manner with the internet servers for whatever reason, which might add time to your load times. It also adds a delay when you first start the game since the game will attempt to connect to the servers when you’re online. To get around this, do the following:
- (Windows key + R) Open the Run window.
- “WF.msc” is the command to use. Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security should now be enabled.
- In the left sidebar, choose Outbound Rules.
- In the right sidebar, click New Rule.
- Check to see whether Program is chosen, then click Next.
- Locate your executable by browsing through the folders. (D2R.exe)
- Block the connection by selecting it. Next should be selected.
- If you wish to ban the connection everywhere, regardless of which network it is linked to, leave the checkboxes alone. Next should be selected.
- Make a name and a description for the rule so you know which program it is blocking. (This will save you time when attempting to unlock the software later.)
- Finish by pressing the Finish button.
Simply pick the rule and erase it (R-Click + Delete, or Del on the keyboard) to unblock the connection.
Advanced Tip #2 – Extract game files and run with the shortcut parameters -direct and -txt.
This method is a little more complicated, but if you’re determined to playing offline, it will drastically reduce loading times. It entails extracting 40GB of game files and loading them directly using the shortcut parameters -direct -txt. If it seems daunting, don’t worry; it’s not difficult and won’t take long. This is a technique of altering the game that has been approved by Blizzard, so it isn’t against the TOS; however, we won’t be editing any files; instead, we’ll just extract them and place them in the D2R folder. You should not play online if you do this and then edit any of these files. You should be able to play online again without modifying any files if you remove the -direct and -txt options from the shortcut. This is how your shortcut should now look:
combine these two possibilities (-ns is optional; it is not required for this change.)
We’ll remove all of the game’s data files and import them directly using the -direct and -txt options. Step-by-step instructions
- Casc Viewer by Ladik is available for download.
- Open the relevant version for your operating system – (x64 version usually)
- Click “Open Storage” in Casc Viewer.
- “C:Program Files (x86)Diablo II Resurrected” should be selected (just the regular D2R folder)
- On the left hand side of the screen, choose “data.”
- From the newly available choices, choose “data” and then “Extract” at the top.
- This will create a work folder in the CascView.exe’s current location on your computer with three directories labeled “global,” “hd,” and “local.” It’ll take a while since there’s 40GB of data to remove.
- Once you’ve completed, transfer these three directories to your data folder at this location: So that these three particular files are in this folder, go to C:Program Files (x86)Diablo II ResurrectedData. Don’t be fooled, there’s another data folder within this one — “global,” “hd,” and “local” must go in the top-most data folder.
That is all there is to it. You’ve completed the task. Then just run the shortcut with the -direct and -txt parameters configured to benefit from quicker loading times.
The game will load somewhat slower the first time you load into an area after making this change. However, after the first time, it will load considerably quicker every time, even if you save/exit the game completely or restart your computer. I have no idea why this is the case.
In single player, load times are critical since players want to finish repeated runs of certain targets as rapidly as possible. These pointers will help you optimize your load times. Certain hardware configurations will experience more increases, while others will see less.
Please let me know if you’ve found any more tricks to speed up your load times!
Are you looking for PC games to play? Here are all of the new PC games to keep an eye on in 2021.
The pace of PlayStation 4 game releases isn’t going to slow down in 2021. Here’s everything to look forward to in the coming months.
The “diablo 2 resurrected performance vs quality” is a topic that has been talked about in the gaming community for some time. The D2R Single Player mod is a great way to improve your load times and more.
- d2r load times ps4
- long loading times diablo 2 resurrected
- d2r running slow
- diablo 2 long load times
- diablo 2 resurrected windowed mode