The Blues’ interest in Patrick Kounde only intensified this week after the defender was named in Ligue 1’s Team of the Season. The 21-year-old, who was one of Sevilla’s main performers last season, has been seen as a replacement for the outgoing Christian Atsu, who is set to leave the club. Despite the speculation, Chelsea are yet to make any moves in the transfer market, but they have been linked with a move for Kounde and a number of other defenders, including Sevilla’s Ivan Rakitic and Guido Pizarro.
One of Chelsea’s longest serving academy players is in talks with Sevilla over a return to Spain.
The 20-year-old has gone out on loan to Bolton, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham and Leicester in order to gain first-team experience, but it seems he is going to be rewarded for his efforts. The Blues have made their first concrete move to secure his future by opening talks with Sevilla.. Read more about jules kounde and let us know what you think.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Chelsea are still interested in Sevilla’s Kounde.
Despite Trevor Chalobah’s promotion to the first team, Chelsea are still interested in signing Sevilla FC defender Jules Kounde.
According to The Telegraph, Thomas Tuchel is still seeking to replace Cesar Azpilicueta, who is 31 years old, at the back, with the 22-year-old Kounde.
Before allowing the France international to leave the Spanish club, Sevilla is still holding out for the £68 million release clause in his contract.
Before committing to a deal for the centre-back, the club is looking to sell a defender, with Kurt Zouma being the most likely to go. The 26-year-old Zouma has been linked with a number of teams, including Tottenham Hotspur.
With Azpilicueta, Antonio Rudiger, Thiago Silva, and Andreas Christensen all approaching the last year of their contracts, bringing in Kounde would address another problem Chelsea has with decreasing contracts.
According to the report, Chelsea is interested in signing a midfielder but isn’t actively looking for one. The Blues are said to be interested in AS Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni, but they are only one of several suitors for the talented 21-year-old.
Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez has been offered to a number of English teams, including Chelsea. After the signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese, the 26-year-old midfielder has been linked with a transfer away from Wanda Metropolitano this summer.
Chelsea is still interested in Jules Kounde. Getty Images/Quality Sport Images/Mateo Villalba
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to the Daily Mail, Southampton are close to completing a deal to acquire Torino defender Lyanco. Following the departure of centre-back Jannik Vestergaard to Leicester City earlier in the window, the 24-year-old has been linked with a move to Southampton. Last season, the Brazilian made 23 Serie A appearances for Torino and would be Ralph Hasenhuttl’s sixth summer acquisition.
– According to Mundo Deportivo, RB Leipzig has made first contact about signing Barcelona’s Ilaix Moriba. With just a year remaining on his contract, the 18-year-old has been stuck in a contract impasse with the Nou Camp club. As Leipzig closes in on signing the kid for the future, Ronald Koeman’s side is said to be closing off talks with the player.
– AC Milan is seeking to add another striker to its squad this summer in the shape of Pietro Pellegri. According to Tuttosport, the forward is out of favor at Monaco, with the Rossoneri looking to bolster their striking force beyond Olivier Giroud and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Milan had wanted to recruit the 20-year-old when he was at Genoa, and he seems likely to return to Serie A this summer.
– According to AS, Tottenham’s record signing Tanguy Ndombele wants to join Real Madrid, Barcelona, or Bayern Munich due to rumors over his future. According to the Spanish source, the 24-year-old is considering a transfer to the clubs, but his salary may be a stumbling barrier, particularly for LaLiga teams. He is said to earn £200k per week, which would be too much for Barcelona and Real Madrid, both of which have had to reduce their salaries. The £55 million acquisition from Lyon has failed to play a minute of pre-season and has yet to appear for Spurs in the league this season.
– AC Milan are close to finalizing a deal for Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, which could be announced as early as Monday. According to Calciomercato, the 27-year-old would come on a season-long loan for approximately €1.5 million, with the option to sign permanently for between €7-8 million next season. The midfielder from France has spent the last three seasons on loan in Serie A and Ligue 1. A transfer abroad may rekindle his desire for greater playing time and a drive to resurrect his international career.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- jules kounde
- timbers sounders highlights
- sounders vs timbers highlights
- g. poussin