call of duty mobile record history

Call of Duty Mobile has been downloaded by over 100 million players on Android and iOS in just one week. The game developed by Activision and Tencent has thus achieved the best start in history. It has indeed managed to do better than PUBG Mobile, Fortnite and the recent Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo’s biggest hit on a smartphone.

call of duty mobile record history

According to figures from Sensor Tower, an analytics firm specializing in statistics, Call of Duty Mobile generated more than 100 million downloads in its first week of operation. As a reminder, the video game is available worldwide, except China and Belgium, on the Play Store and the App Store. According to data collected by App Annie, Call of Duty Mobile is even the most downloaded application in France as of October 2019, ahead of WhatsApp and Vinted.

Call of Duty Mobile achieves the biggest start in history on Android and iOS

Call of Duty Mobile is therefore a little better than Mario Kart Tour and its 90 million downloads in one week. Activision’s title also distances PUBG Mobile (28 million downloads), Fortnite (22.5 million downloads on iOS in the first week) and Pokémon GO (85.5 million). Epic Game’s Royal Battle has been released on Android smartphones.

In detail, 55.7% of Call of Duty Mobile players use a device running iOS (56.9 million downloads). The remaining 44.3% (45.3 million downloads) use an Android device and downloaded the game via the Google Play Store. Call of Duty Mobile was mainly downloaded in the United States (17.3 million players), India (13.7 million) and Brazil (7.1 million).

The game also generates much more revenue than the Mario Kart Tour and its paid subscription. As is often the case, iOS players spent the most: $9.1 million in one week, or 53% of the total revenue. Android players, for their part, earned $8.3 million (47% of revenues). Since its release, Call of Duty Mobile has generated $17.7 million. That’s more than Mario Kart Tour (10.7 million) and Fortnite (2.3 million). Anyway, it’s an all-time record.

Source : Sensor Tower